⇢ Episode Five ⇠

It's been a week since I've been at Forest Hills and I have to admit, my personality has somewhat improved

It's been a week since I've been at Forest Hills and I have to admit, my personality has somewhat improved. I'm still the shy, scaredy-cat person but it's like there's this other side to me. I have Lina, Dee, La-La, and Key to thank for that too. The next day after I was embarrassed in the lunchroom, in third period I was once again made a fool of. I never really took notice of Messiah and Jade being in my class since I sat in the back where I didn't pay attention.

But I regret it because I didn't even see it coming when Jada and her little group of friends starting tearing up all my papers, destroying my stuff in my bags while people I recognized from one of the sports teams—people Messiah were associated with–held me back. The friends I made weren't in the class with me so I had to watch as I cried while getting laughed at by Messiah and the rest of the class. And the teacher was a dinosaur with one working hearing aid that was sleeping when all this was happening. 

That day, almost all my belongings were ruined and I went home with bruises on my arms from their grips on me. I called my friends over and I cried into their shoulders while they gave me a pep talk. A harsh one, but one I had to hear. New York wasn't gonna treat me like I wanted so I had to grow up from the being soft-spoken innocent bitch that took shit from everybody. I had to stand up for myself. So that's what I did.

On Friday, I showed up with a head held high ready for any enemies to come my way. I had my friends beside me too but they can only be beside me. I have to step forward for myself.

Jada left me alone that day only staring at me with disgusted expressions. It was Messiah I had to deal with. In our sixth period gym class he decided to push me into the locker where he thought he'd beat me up at. I basically blew up and ending up slapping him which he was stunned about so I left out. Since then he hasn't even looked at me. At first it bothered me that he wouldn't even look at me but Dee molded in my head that it's fine and I should move on.

And that's exactly what I plan to do.

˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟

"Rain, I was tryna see if you wanna go to this club tonight!", I heard behind me as I walking down the hallway.

I turned around and saw Rakeem standing rubbing his hands frantically.

I raised an eyebrow but before I can speak he started to ramble.
"It's a teen club and it's not far from here and if you want we can go but if you don't I can just stay my black ass at home if you want me to do that too–"

I laughed at him as it reminded me of my rambling. It was cute as hell.

"I'll go, I'll text you my address."

He smiled as he began to look me up and down making me smile and look away, "Aight, you look...um-"

I frowned at his loss of words. Did I look that bad, I mean I didn't do my hair today and left it in a messy bun and just put on a Puma outfit. I look like a fucking hot mess don't I?

"Listen, I'm not tryna be rude as fuck but I'm tryna say you look really good—good as in I wanna take yo ass up against these lockers right na," he breathed out heavily holding my hand.

My face heated up so I know I look funny as hell with my cherry face headass. I've never been complimented like that before. The guys is Madrid would just compare me to the sun or something and kiss my hand. He was extremely straight forward....I like it.

"I haven't heard that one before but it's cool if y-you say it. See you tonight?"

"I'll see yo fine ass tonight," god his smile makes me wanna jump his ass.

Did I just say—

I didn't say not a damn thing.

˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟ₓ˟

I was in my room getting ready when I heard my doorbell. Oh yeah, my papa's friends just let me stay at home and said she'll just come check on me every once in a while or call. So I've had the house to myself, well not entirely because Key and La-La have slept over everyday since he left. They're out getting food right now but they should be here when I get back.

I stopped what I was doing to answer the door and lo and behold the devil makes an appearance. Let's see what my new attitude does now.

"What do you want? I don't even want you on my property," I crossed my arms as I straight faced Messiah.

"Wanted to see if you'd wanted to head out wit me somewhere."

"I'm already heading out somewhere but you can catch the first train to hell though when you get off my doorstep," I tried to close the door but he put his foot in. When did this nigga think he could run stuff around here?

"I ain't done talking to you baby, come outside and talk," he put a hand on my hip. I raised my eyebrow at him before removing his crusty fingers away from my holy temple.

"Go talk to your little rent-a-hoe, saw her with one of your teammates today. Guess your lease was up huh? Might wanna go and renew because you ain't getting the lease to this one, thank you and good night."

I shut the door in his face as I heard him yell out before I went back upstairs.

I finished my hair and shower before I began to put together my outfit. It's simple and movable in but attractive, should be fine.

 It's simple and movable in but attractive, should be fine

I hope this night goes right. Fingers crossed.

𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜?