⇢ Episode Twenty ⇠

Two episodes left...

❗️Character Death ❗️

Author's POV

Everyone sat in the living room just awaiting the time when another message would appear on the TV screen. In the back of everyone's heads was the thought that some of them wouldn't make it out alive. It was inevitable with how far they knew Nina was willing to go. It was blood for blood with the young woman and they couldn't do much in this situation.

Élie was trying his best to get Rahida to work harder in finding the girl and defusing this situation but that soon passed when suddenly his phone cut off during one of his phone calls. He tried his other phones panicking when they all did the same when trying to contact someone. It was then he knew that she jammed everything in the house besides that stupid television set.

Oh, how it was their worst fear at the time. Each of them breathing nervously into the room, slightly startling when a door in the house creaked.

There was no way for them to step outside and get help, not even making the effort to reach a hand out to touch the doorknob scared they'll have bullets flying towards them. No way of communicating with others and no plan that'll safely get them out of harms way---all of them.

There would be blood shed and bodies after this day if any were to make it out alive. In this very minute, this twisted in their minds and it triggered many emotions for them. Some were angry, saddened, and just felt nothing at the moment. They couldn't find the emotion or words to describe themselves when thinking of how they could die on this very day. Of how the people they grew up with won't be with them to the very end like it was intended to.

But they would die among the people they love, family. Wouldn't want it any other way and if it meant to protect the others then they would. It was a common ground between the nine of them. They'd die in another's place---it was a indestructible, secure bond that existed in their family.

It moved something in them now someone is trying to ruin that.

Rain and Jairo fiercely praying together as they sat next to each other on the ground, hoping to have put enough blessings upon everyone in the room. The rest all seated on one couch bunched up together afraid to leave each other's side.

Kinsley sleeping in the crib in the next room brought downstairs so she'd be closer and easier to get to if anything happened. Élie and Kristian made everyone promise if anything were to happen to them, then they would raise Kinsley as their own and make sure to let her know how much her parents loved her.

That was their biggest fear....not going on to see their daughter grow. To not live out the rest of life together far into the idea of eternity. But it was better dying holding each other rather then their daughter suffering such a fate.

Rain and Messiah were severely tormented with the idea of being without the other and just death itself. In minimal words, even saying the word death right now was enough to send them into shock.

Jairo and Kolbie were afraid they wouldn't see their little girl anymore or will have to watch the other suffer. Deina not living out the rest of her life with the man she now truly loved along with losing the people she's known since a toddler. Ueno and Noeline however remained frigid as were Kaleem and Remi. They couldn't bring anything to mind about what they fear in these moments. Just the words safe rung through their heads as they were surrounded with those they loved too much. As long as they were here, it's enough for them to remain level headed in this situation.