Honey I'm home! (1)

"So I'm going to call you at 8pm when you're suppose to have landed okay?" My Aunt Verna said.

"Aunty don't worry, I'll make my own way home, don't bother picking me up from the airport." I smiled and I trailed my luggage through terminal 3.

"Okay but call me when you land okay?" she repeated and I laughed.

"Sure aunty I will do. love you."

"Love you too." she said back and cut the call.

*~*

'Thank you for all flying Air France today, I have been your co-pilot Pierre. We will be touching down in London Gatwick at approximately 8:06pm. The weather is 18 degrees with slight winds. I hope you enjoyed your travel with us and travel with us again.' The pilot announced and I smiled and stretched in my seat. I'd slept the last two hours just wanting to get there a soon as possible. I packed away my iPad and other things as he touched down on the tarmac. I had basically been travelling all day and I couldn't wait to just get home to sleep.

As we got further down the runway, I turned on my phone and thousands of notifications came through. Of course, the main one was from Aunt Verna as it had just gone past 8.

'Thank you for traveling with us today.' The flight attendant said as we all lined up to exit. I fluffed down my afro and pushed my glasses further in. I put on the jacket I had been carrying as France was much more warmer than here but I knew I'd soon adapt to the weather. I trailed through the gate and airport security and here was the tricky part as I had two large suitcases. I watched the conveyor belt go and dragged one off than the next.

'Aunt Verna, I'm okay, I'm on my way.' I messaged her and headed towards the exit. I saw a man standing there with a sign saying 'Delilah Williams' and I smiled.

"Steve what are you doing here?" I asked our driver. I gave him a big hug and he hugged me back then proceeded to take my suitcases.

"You didn't think your aunt would actually let you travel by yourself?" he smiled and I laughed.

"We literally live 20 minutes from the airport, I'm sure I could have made it." I got into the back of the Mercedes S class.

"Yes but it's been a while so she wanted to make sure you are taken care of." Steve smiled and I smiled.

"Well I'm happy your face is who I saw first." I said and he laughed and put the radio on.

I got out my phone and texted my friends back home that I'd arrived back at my family house.

'Make sure you keep me in touch! Don't disappear the whole summer!' My best friend Alana messaged me and I smiled.

'Don't worry we'll FaceTime every day. Bisous (kisses).'  I said and sent her the kisses emoji.

'Bisous!' She responded and soon we pulled up at the black gate of the giant estate my family lived in. Steve put in the code and the gates opened. It was around 8:30 now and I knew because of me my aunt had made them have a late dinner.

"I'll drop you off here and bring your suitcases up." Steve said as he pulled up right outside the door. "The door is open."

I smiled, and hugged him from behind the seat. "Thank you." I got out and smoothed down my wrinkled shirt and jeans. I fluffed up my afro just a little bit and grabbed my hand bag. It had been a while since I'd been at this estate and seen my family so I was a little nervous. I turned the nob of the mahogany door and the faint sound of laughter came from the dining room.

Esmerelda, one of my families many maids greeted me from the door and I smiled and greeted her too. She headed outside which I guess she was going to get my bags from Steve.