Home (60)

Flight Day

"Here we go again. I will see you soon cherie." Alana said with tears in her eyes.

I put down my bag and pulled her into a hug in the middle of the airport. 

"Lani, it's a start of a new chapter in our lives. and I am excited." I comforted her and she nodded. 

She hugged Aunt Verna, we had timed our flights to be around the same time although her flight of course was much longer than mine. 

"And you know I have your stuff so you have to come back." I sniffled and laughed. We had shipped all of our stuff to the Manor seeing as Alana was planning to come back to London to live. 

She nodded, "oh I definitely will be back. I'll be applying for jobs using your address boo." 

Aunt Verna laughed, "you're welcome to stay with us anytime."

We hugged and made our way to our various check in places. Once our luggage was through we headed for security and went through the usual procedure. 

"Until we meet again?" I said. 

She smiled and nodded, "bisous." She kissed my cheeks and I hers. We waved each other off and I linked arms with Aunt Verna and we made our way to our gate. 

"Ready to go home?"

I nodded. 

"Flight LAR203001 calling now at gate 5. Please make your way." The announcer said and we got up and made our way to our first class flight. 

We checked in again at the gate and made our way to the flight. I put my AirPods in as I had a lot in my mind and we found our seats at the front. Aunt Verna automatically whipped out her laptop - there was always work to do. She had been carrying Bash in his travel carrier but he had his own seat for journey.

I closed my eyes as the pilot spoke and prepared myself for the flight. 

2 hours later

'Thank you for all flying Air France today, I have been your co-pilot Mackenzie. We will be touching down in London Gatwick at approximately 6:07pm. The weather is 16 degrees with slight winds. I hope you enjoyed your travel with us and travel with us again.' The pilot announced and I smiled and stretched in my seat. I packed away a few snacks I have been brought out and we landed with a smooth touch down. 

'Thank you for flying with us today.' The flight attendant said and we made our way out. 

We went through security again to scan our passports and then to luggage. 

"I love afternoon flights. I can actually go home and do stuff." Aunt Verna said. 

"I bet Uncle Fernando has missed you." I wiggled my eyebrows. 

She blushed and laughed as we took our suitcases. "Delilah! He flys out all the time, this is the first time I have flown out without him in years." 

"Doesn't mean he hasn't missed you." I teased and she playfully hit me. 

I laughed and we walked to the exit. 

Steve stood there with a sign saying 'Mrs Rodriguez & Ms Williams, Welcome.' 

I grinned, "hi Steve!" 

He smiled "welcome ladies." He said and took our luggage. We made our way to the car and put it in the back. We sat at the back of Aunt Verna's porshe and made our way back to the manor. 

"Who is at home?" I asked Steve. 

He thought for a second, "Lucas has finished school so he's at home studying. Josh hasn't come home yet and Mason is around somewhere."