This is where the story ends... (58)

A few months later

Reality hit as my birthday getaway came to an end. Alana and I had flown back to our apartment in Nice and we were now settled in for the next few months. I had collected Sebastian who I think was a bit annoyed at me for all my travelling and finally when he realised I wasn't leaving anytime soon, he was back to being his normal chilled self. 

The last few months I had started working for Partridge Publishing again and although it was remote, I had a lot of research to do and virtual filing. Ida was still Ida and still my boss whether she was my sister in law or not. 

Alongside working with Tara over zoom, I was proud to be submitting my dissertation soon and university all coming to an end. Alana and I practically lived out of our pyjamas unless we had to leave the house.

"Are you planning to attend graduation?" Alana asked me from the sofa. We were both sitting and typing away on our MacBooks in the living room. 

"Flying back is going to feel so long but I don't think Aunt Verna will allow me to miss it." I said. 

Alana nodded, "my family are flying out too. They literally said the day I arrived here and the day I am leaving is the only time they'll come so I can't not graduate." 

I laughed, "have you told them about living in London yet?" I asked. 

She shook her head, "I think they still think I am going to live in Paris but we'll cross that bridge when we get there." 

I nodded, "how's preparation for the show coming?" 

She smiled, "I can't believe it is at the end of the week! My designs have all been brought to life now and I'm happy with my models. I can't wait to showcase them." 

I was really excited for Alana. She technically was going to have her own first official fashion show here at our university. Many people had been invited and although it was a large part of her final grade, it was something she was going to love and enjoy doing. 

"So how are you feeling about your disso?" She asked. 

I shrugged, my deadline was just in two weeks and although it was 10,000 words, I had written the majority of it, I just had to keep eat, sleeping and breathing it until it was done. I had even turned off my phone at one point, much to Mason and my dad's annoyance. 

"Just two more weeks and it'll all be over." I smiled as I typed. 

"Yeah girl, it'll go so fast." 

We continued for the night laughing and cackling at memories we had had here together. Sebastian purred and my stomach growled forgetting to eat. 

"Okay let's eat Bash." I poured out some of his food and then went to the kitchen to make something quick. The curtains were down and we had been inside so much I couldn't even tell you what day it was. 

All I knew it was sometime in spring and the sun was shining more through the curtains and it was getting warmer outside. 

"Lilah can you make me some of whatever you're making too." Lana shouted and I laughed and nodded. 

I made a quick meal of pasta and served some up in a bowl and headed back. Alana had turned the tv on and the sport channel was on as I had been watching all of Mason's games from afar. 

"When is the last time you actually spoke to your man?" Alana asked as I gave her her bowl and sat next to her. 

I reached out for my phone and turned it on. "He knows what I'm doing and where I am. It's not like I am doing it on purpose. "