Cuddles & Fair-wells (36)

"We have to do something." Aunt Verna said.

"No." I responded as I took a bottle of orange juice from the fridge.

"But you're leaving soon."

"Mm." I responded as I took a gulp of my drink.

It was Monday morning and Alana and I had officially booked our tickets for Friday. We were flying back for the weekend to get settled in as classes resumed Tuesday morning.

"How about a little dinner?" Aunt Verna asked. She'd been trying to convince me to do something since she'd woken me up this morning.

"Anything you do Aunt Verna is never little." I teased. Isaiah came into the kitchen adjusting his tie.

"What's the beef?" He asked as he grabbed a breakfast bar and shake from Esme.

"Morning Esme." He smiled and she smiled back.

"Good morning Isaiah."

"Delilah doesn't want to have a leaving party." Aunt Verna pouted.

"Its not like I'm not coming back this time. There'll be your wedding, Christmas and I'm sure I'll be back after that." I shrugged. I took the plate from Esme which had a spinach frittata and grinned.

"Of course you're having a leaving party. Who knows if you'll really come back for my wedding." Isaiah teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Please, you know I will." I took a seat at the island and started eating.

"Morning babe." Mason came in and kissed the side of my face. "Morning Esme, can I get one of that?" He pointed to my plate and he breathed in his asthma pump.

"Oh yeah because the rest of us don't exist." Isaiah mumbled and Mason kissed mum on the side of her face and hit Isaiah.

"Good morning Sir Isaiah, how art thou today?" He teased and Isaiah hit him back.

"I'm off, I have court. Tada." He waved and we waved him off.

"So, a little dinner?" My aunt Verna pushed.

I sighed, knowing it was actually her last wish for me before I left. "Fine." I mumbled.

"Was that an okur?" My aunt said and Mason and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Mum what did you just say?" Mason chuckled.

"I said okurrr." My aunt giggled and rolled her 'r.'

"Stop watching the Kardashians, please." I laughed as I finished off my plate.

"Right, Thursday evening we are having a special dinner for Alana and you make sure you look nice we'll be taking a lot of pictures." She said and I nodded. "See you later children." She waved me off in her Vera Wang suit. The rest of the boys had already gone to school and Uncle Fernando had flown out to Paris ironically until Thursday on business.

"Where is Alana?" Mason asked. "Thanks Esme." He smiled as she plated up his Frittata.

"She's sleeping, she's not an early riser like moi." I smiled. Mason wolfed down his food and I made us both a cup of tea.

"So what are you going to do today Mister?" I asked him as I handed him a cup of green tea.

"I have training, my first game is on Saturday which you won't be here for." He pouted a little and so did I.

"I'll be watching though. I use to watch all your games last year too." I admitted and I took a sip.

"Really?" He asked surprised.