Until we meet again...(59)

"Delilah do you want to keep these shoes or?" Aunt Verna held up my beat up vans. 

I looked at them and I knew she wasn't really asking the question, she was throwing them out anyway. I looked up and shook my head then looked down and continued typing. 

"Okay have you actually bathed in the last three days?" She came in scrunching up her nose jokingly. 

"Have you even started packing?" I retorted. 

"Ooo sharp." She teased and she took a seat at my table. There were boxes and bags everywhere. Aunt Verna had started packing at the beginning of the week. She planned to get my larger stuff shipped to the Manor and I was only taking two large suitcases back with me. 

"What do you want Alana?" I asked her. Much to my annoyance after a show a week ago she had come into my room every day to bother me. 

"Relax Li you are basically finished." 

"Basically finished." I mimicked which caused her to laugh. 

"Lilah you still wearing this dress? It's a little short." Aunt Verna held out a dress from my closet and I gave her a flat look. 

"Don't worry about my summer clothes Aunt Verna, I'll sort it." I said and I read over my next section. I had finished typing up all 10,080 words but I had to proof read it before I could submit anything. Technically it wasn't due for another two hours but I was trying to submit it as soon as to avoid any troubles.

"Ooo that dress is cute, I want it." Alana got up and went to join my Aunt in my closet. I rolled my eyes and ignored them. 

Bash came in and meowed and rubbed himself next to me as I leaned against my headboard. 

"Don't worry Bash, new home soon and you can stay in my bedroom without being  disturbed." I whispered to him and kissed the top of his head. 

I continued to proof read as Aunt Verna threw more things into a box. 

"Okay, I am going to help Alana, I'll be back though." She smiled in her cosy sweats. What my aunt saw as 'casual clothes' some couldn't even imagine. 

I mumbled something and smiled when I heard the door close behind them. 

Silence. 

I kept on reading and editing and improving my references until I thought it was near perfect. I took a sip of my now flat Diet Coke that was next to me and edited my last section. The time flew past and I only had not long to submit it. 

"Okay Bash we are going to submit it, let's pray." I said to him and he just looked at me. I took his paw and we said a prayer together. 

I uploaded it to a portal and clicked submit. 

I waited a few seconds and it said it was complete. 

I let out a breath and closed my laptop. 

I was officially finished. 

I had conquered four years of university. 

I leant on my headboard and burst out into tears. 

Four years of misery, sadnesss, depression, happiness, joy, a learning experience. I sobbed into my hands until Bash stroked his head along my arm. 

"Oh darling." Aunt Verna pouted as she saw the state of me. She put down the tape and walked over to my bed. "What ever is the matter?" She asked me.