Sister Sister (21)

Friday soon came around and I was up, dressed and ready. I was wearing a long flowing purple dress with some sandals and sunglasses. I peered through my window and saw Hector driving through the patio to the main entrance. I tumbled down the stairs and headed to the main door. The mini van stopped right outside and the door slid open.

"AHHHHHH!" Alana screamed.

"AHHHHHH!!" I screamed back and we both ran to each other and hugged each other.

"Tu m'as manques! (I have missed you!)" She squeezed me tight.

"I have missed you too!" I said back. She pulled me back and kissed each of my cheeks.

"Ah, Delilah you have put on a little bit of weight!" She held my arm and I hit her.

"Quit lying Alana with all that Island food you be eating." I joked with her and we both burst out laughing.

"Gracias." She said to Hector and she held her suitcase. I grabbed it for her and we headed up the stairs. "Wow." She said taking the place in.

"Beautiful right?" I said and she nodded. "I can't wait for you to meet mes famille." I said and she smiled.

It was only around 7am and everyone was still asleep. The chefs would be in in half an hour to start cooking us breakfast but to be honest I had always been an early riser. I pointed out to her as we walked down the hall way who's bedrooms was who's until we got to ours. I opened the door and dragged her suitcase in and left it at the foot of the bed.

"Wow!" She said again. "C'est trop belle! (it is very beautiful!)" She grinned excitedly. "I am going to take a shower and get changed, we can make breakfast?" She said and I nodded.  Alana had a bit of an americanised accent when she spoke English because she grew up going to an International school. I laid back on our bed and scrolled through social media as I waited for her.

She took a quick shower and slicked her hair down into a middle parted bun. She wore a black and white shirt dress and paired it with some heels. One thing about Alana is, she always wore heels and minimal make up.

"Okay cutie!" I said and she giggled

"Tryna bag me a latino hunny." She said and I laughed.

"Now you know you got a boyfriend waiting for you in Martinique." I said and she laughed. "How is Paul?" I asked.

"He good or whatever, he literally can't wait for us to finish school so I can go back home. But that's a conversation for another day." She raised her eyebrows and sighed.

"You not planning to go back?" I sat up on the bed.

She sat on the edge and smiled sadly, "I mean as much as I love the island, what can I actually do there? Being in France has given me more opportunity to travel to Europe and beyond. Even being in Paris was the best."