Universitie (41)

1 month later

A few weeks passed and I had settled in back into university life. I only attended classes 3 days a week, the other two I used to either study, catch up on assignments or sleep. Mason and I had been Facetiming pretty much every day apart from the days he'd press conferences and games. It was hard to catch him at a time he was free and so was I.

"So you're really not going to come for Maya's baby dedication?" Jacqui  asked on FaceTime as she fed Maya a bottle.

I laughed slightly and slouched in my bed, "I'm busy."

She scoffed, "you're in bed."

"It's tomorrow Jacqui, how do you expect me to come back for tomorrow?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Book a flight you can be in and out." She smirked playfully.

I shook my head and laughed, "just FaceTime me, I'll be there for the whole thing."

"Best godmother ever."

I laughed, "you literally told me last week! I have a bunch of assignments to complete." I pouted. As the year was coming to an end it's like my tutors played a race, how many assignments can we cram in by Christmas?

As Jacqui continued babbling on about the plans for tomorrow I sat more upright and opened my word document to finish off an essay.

"So how many people are coming?" I asked. Sebastian wandered in and jumped on my bed. He sat next to me and I stroked him.

"Oh just around 50." She said.

I looked at her for a second, "50? I don't get how Maya knows that many people." I teased.

Jacqui gave me a flat look and laughed, "look our family but Parker's, it's hard to cut the numbers down."

"So it'll be at the manor?" I asked and she nodded. "That'll be cute. How is mum?"

"She's okay, always working as always. Her and Dad are going to Switzerland just before Christmas though which means I have to check on the brutes." She said.

I smiled, "they're all pretty much grown apart from Jason." She put Maya down and she made some cute googly noises.

My FaceTime chimed and Malcolm joined the call.

"Hey Mal!" I grinned.

"Hey sis, how are you?" He asked in his scrubs. "Have you actually left your bed?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and adjusted my hair and headscarf to look a little bit more presentable.

"I got up to brush my teeth okay."

"She's become a bum since she's gone back, Esmerelda is no longer there to wake her up." Jacqui shook her head playfully.

Malcolm laughed, "you be careful now or you won't fit into your bridesmaid dress."

I laughed and shook my head, "don't worry about me I'll be fine for the wedding. You know just when I get started on something I pretty much stay there until the end, not taking a shower is something I have to sacrifice." I shrugged.

"You and Mase have that in common." Malcolm crinkled his nose.

I rolled my eyes, "so how's Isaiah with the wedding planning? Every time I try and call him he's unavailable."