Birthday (30)

Two weeks later

Mason's birthday week had come and I had been teasing him all week about turning 23. Much to his annoyance I mentioned it every time I could and he had no idea what we had planned.

Malcolm had taken Mason out and the rest of us stayed indoors and started decorating. We were throwing a party the day before so it crossed into his 23rd birthday then I'd celebrate with him tomorrow evening.

We put up streamers and balloons all in the hallway and the stairs railing with a few lights. Aunt Verna had ordered a giant cake which would be arriving any time soon. She bought one for today and one for tomorrow. Mason's friends from his team which I hadn't met yet were due to come, it was just going to be a small friends and family get together.

Jacqui was now heavily pregnant and although she didn't do much decorating she very much ordered us around in how it should look. Parker was still at work as well as Isabella who had now started as an official nurse and the rest of the boys were officially on summer holidays.

"Where should we put this?" Uncle Fernando held out a massive portrait of his son painted. The pose was him scoring a try on the field.

"I think it would be pretty at the entrance so people see it as they come in." I said and Uncle Fernando nodded.

Just as he put it on a easel the door opened and Ida and Isaiah came in hand in hand smiling.

I guess it was time to tell you what happened in the Reverends office two weeks ago...

*FLASHBACK- ISAIAH'S POV*

"You two! Come with me!" Mum hissed and she grabbed my arm and Ida's. This had been the most uncomfortable Church service. I tried not to find myself glaring Ida  but it was pretty hard to concentrate when she was only a few seats away.

She made her way to Reverend Sykes who smiled at us as we approached him.

"Hello Rev, I was hoping we could have some counselling in your office." Mom smiled with a very tight lip. After he had said some good byes to a few people we followed him to the back of the church which led to his office building next door to the main building. Ida and I took a seat opposite him. Mom stood behind us and Reverend Sykes sat opposite us.

"And what can I do for you guys today?" He smiled and leaned forward on the desk. Rev Sykes had been our family pastor for a number of years. He knew everything about me. From the time I cheated on a school test to the time I had lost my virginity and was too scared to tell my mom about it. He knew about my relationships and my previous relationship with Ida. He was my pastor and a voice I trusted for direction.

"Should I tell him or would you like to explain yourselves?" Mum threatened.

Ida swallowed and  I narrowed my eyes and took a moment.

"I just found out my girlfriend is pregnant and it might not be my baby." I said and we all went silent.

The Reverend paused for a moment then looked up, "Verna please step out for a moment."

She put her hands up to surrender and walked to the exit. Once she left Rev looked back down to us.

"I'm going to ask you a number of questions and I'd appreciate an honest answer. Remember we are in the house of God okay?" He said and we both nodded.

"Have you guys been having pre-marital sex?" he asked and I almost laughed. Not to be offensive but I'm pretty sure he could answer his own question.