Wedding Planning (33)

The next day I was awoken to some knocking on the front door. I looked at my phone and it read, '9:34am.' Between our impromptu games night and swapping shifts to wake up to Maya's crying I'm sure I'd slept a total of four hours and that was broken up. I stretched when I realised Parker nor Jacqui were about to answer it and cascaded down the stairs with my XL t-shirt and leggings.

I squinted slightly as I opened the door and the bright light of outside hit me.

"Good morning Aunt Verna." I yawned.

She stepped aside me and marched into the foyer in her heels. Ida followed behind her and smiled.

"Aunt Verna, it is really early in the morning for us, this is like 5am my time." I yawned again and rubbed my eyes.

"Look I know all about raising babies, I raised 8 of them including you." I haven't slept in over 20 years and I'm surviving." She grinned and took off her sunglasses. "I want you and Jacqui to get dressed, we're having a girls day." She smiled.

I looked at her blankly for a moment.

She placed her hands on my shoulders and moved me towards the stairs, "go and take a shower, I'll wake up Jacqui and get dressed. I know Jacqui hasn't had a social life since Maya has been born so it's about time." She ushered me up the stairs.

"And what is it we're going to be doing?" I asked her as we approached the guest room.

"Dress shopping." She gushed and I yawned and headed in my room. I took my stuff and headed for the bathroom. I heard the giant groan coming from Jacqui's room and chuckled.

I showered and moisturised and got changed into yellow sun dress and a cardigan. I tied my hair up into a bun and did a little bit of make up. I packed some stuff in my handbag and headed down the stairs.

"And what time did she wake you up?" I asked Ida as I saw her lounging in the kitchen.

"7am, no warning." She smirked and I laughed. I made myself a cup of tea and sat next to her. "But it's nice, I've been putting it off for a while so it's about time I got a dress."

I nodded, "I'm sure we'll have a fun day. Is your mum coming?" I asked and she nodded.

"And my sister."

*~*

Aunt Verna practically dragged Jacqui out the door, it was the first time she had been away from Maya and left Parker in charge.

We all climbed into Aunt Verna's Range Rover and made our way to a boutique which was about 20 minutes away. Jacqui was wearing sunglasses not because it was sunny but because of the bags under her eyes. Aunt Verna had told her to wear a little bit of concealer but she'd refused.I'd been messaging Mason the whole journey and Ida was on the phone to her mom giving her directions.

"So how's all the planning going?" I looked threw the rear view mirror at Aunt Verna.

She smiled excitedly as we drove further into to the city. "It's all coming together, the theme, the colours too. Now we just need the dresses. Ida's and your bridesmaid dresses."

Jacqui huffed, "I'm going to look fat anyway." She mumbled. She'd been feeling pretty insecure about her weight lately. Although I had even offered to go jogging with her and work out she'd pretty much refused, I wasn't too sure what was going on with her.

Aunt Verna looked through her mirror concerned, "Jacquelyn you will look beautiful. You barely put much weight on anyway. It's your first child, I'm telling you the weight will go." She reassured.

"Mm, if you say so." She sighed and got out her phone.

The rest of the journey was silent and 20 minutes later we pulled up to a beautiful Bridal Boutique. Aunt Verna parked across the street and we all hopped out and headed towards the entrance.