Baby Shower (10)

The next day came round and I decided to go for a jog in the morning. Being fed here three times a day, although the pastries weren't the same as France I felt like I was putting on even more weight than before.

Mason had crashed in his own room around 11pm and I had been too comfortable to get up for dinner so I settled on some snacks I had in my secret snack cupboard. - that was also aiding to my weight increase. I did my normal morning routine but added the jog inside. It was nice to get out in the fresh breeze, the sun rising and the warm spring air was shining through. Luckily it hadn't rained yet since being here.

I jogged down the private roads listening to a podcast. I jogged a little bit more uphill than headed back as I knew I was Jason's school ride today.

I headed back and jogged straight into the kitchen which was clearly our favourite place to congregate in the morning.

"Morning mija," Uncle Fernando sipped a cup of tea and was ready articles on his iPad.

"Morning Papa." I smiled. I grabbed a bottle of water.

"Dad can I have some cash to buy a video game after school?" Josh wolfed down his breakfast and asked. Josh was the quiet one, he kept to himself mostly and kept busy with a lot of after school actives.

"What's your grades like and why do you want it?" Uncle asked not even looking up from his iPad.

I smirked knowing this wasn't going to be an easy conversation.

"It's new dad and you know I don't ask for much. I don't have enough to order it right now." He pleaded.

"Josh hurry up, lets go! I have a revision lesson this morning I need to get to." Lucas poked his head in the kitchen.

"We'll talk about it later." Uncle Fernando said and Josh looked sad but left.

I grabbed Jason when he was ready and we headed for the door.

"Bye daddy!" He said and waved. He waved back and smiled. We headed for my car and headed for our journey to school.

*~*

A soon as I got back I took a shower and re-gelled my hair. I was definitely needing to wash it again soon. I got changed into a yellow and black checkered skirt and blouse and put on some make up. I was getting ready early to head over to Jackie's to help set up. I did not usual routine and decided to call Malcolm, we hadn't spoken in a few days.

"Hey sis, you look cute." He chimed. He was on the move outside.

"Hey Mal, how are you?" I asked as I put the finishing touches to my make-up.

"I'm good just these labs to get to and a few tests to finish off. I can't wait to just finish this degree." He admitted.

"Well, three years to go after this." I laughed.

He laughed too, "Well at least next year is more practical than this one. First year of graduate school is always the worst." He said as I stuffed my things into my bag. "And where are you off to?" He asked.

"I'm going to your sister's house. I promised I'd get there real early to help set up for the baby shower/gender reveal." I said as I put on some lip stick and stuffed that too in my bag.

"Who has a baby shower and gender reveal on the same day? The gender reveal would have made more sense so I'd know what to buy." He complained and I laughed.

"You know what your sister is like, she doesn't want the stereotypical colours anyway, that's why she left it so long." I said as I put my shoes on.