Exams & other stuff....(54)

The next day we had gone straight to the airport. We had a morning flight on purpose so we could get back and sort out some errands for the day. Mason had come to say bye at the airport and he too was flying out to Madrid for a game and would be out of the country a lot of the first part of the year.

A soon as we arrived we cracked on with revision as the first few weeks of January were all exams we would only come out of our rooms to eat then head back in to concentrate. Luckily I only had three exams unlike Alana who had some practical ones to complete too. Soon we were well into the month and I only had one left.

"So Alana our anniversaire (birthday) is coming up! The big 21, how do you feel?" I asked her as we both sat on the sofa with our books everywhere and a Chinese takeaway.

She huffed and rubbed her eyes, "I don't even know if I can think of that at the moment. This fashion show is just getting to me from every angle."

I smiled, "but it's in less than two weeks, we have to plan something."

"What do you want to do?" She looked up from her laptop.

I shrugged, " I have no idea, I am pretty unbothered."

She sighed, "usually I would have spent it with my ex or just you but now there's so much more to consider."

I wiggled my eyebrows. "Are you talking about Luke?" I asked.

She laughed and threw a cushion at me. "No Delilah, that's actually not happening. He's like 12."

I rolled my eyes laughing. "He's only two years younger then you."

"Closer to three years." She commented.

"He's quite mature you have to admit." I teased.

She shook her head laughing, "no but don't you want to spend it with Mason?"

"He has a game that day so he can't. He'll be in Fiji." I pouted.

"So why don't we go there?" Alana suggested.

"You wanna fly out to the South Pacific?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "at least we know it'll be summer there. You can surprise him." She said and I nodded agreeing to the idea.

"We can go on the 29th? For a week?"

"I'll look for flights but don't tell a soul." Alana said and I nodded.

The week came to an end and all our showcases, exams and coursework were ending! We were finally heading towards the end of our degree. Alana just had her final project and I had my dissertation due in a few months. We booked our flights that exact day and Mason had kept asking me what I was doing and he felt bad not being able to see me but my secrecy was starting to scare him.

"So who all flew out for the game?" Alana asked as we made our way to our First Class seats.

"So Jacqui and Maya are out there. Imagine it's her first holiday." I squealed at the pictures Jacqui had been sending in the family group chat. "I think Malcolm is planning to come for like a few days."

"And no one knows we are going?" She asked and I shook my head.

"You know this is an 18 hour flight right?" I snorted, "I'm sure someone will look for us within that time."

*~*

The flight was steady and we soon arrived at 10pm GMT which was definitely was the next day in Fiji. The flight was going to give us serious jet lag but luckily we were planning to sleep the day away and go out tomorrow for Alana's 21st birthday.