Prologue

Mark's POV

"Let's break up, Mark. I just don't love you anymore."

Fuck. It has literally been two weeks since it happened but his words are still stuck in my head. Each word still piercing my wounded heart. I still can't believe that Bar broke up with me.

I am currently in a bar and I'm drinking by myself. My friends wanted to join me but I refused. Not that I don't really want them to join me, its just that I wanted to be alone. I have so many thoughts in my mind right now, and I feel like I'm gonna explode.

"I'll have another bottle of vodka." I said and the bartender immediately gives me one. I poured it in my glass right away and took a shot. I know I'm drunk as hell but I don't care. I wanna drink 'till I pass out and forget all the shit that has been happening to me. Even just for tonight.

"I'll have three shots of whiskey."

I turned to where the voice was coming from and saw a man beside me. His face was stern, yet peaceful as he aggressively drank three shots of his alcohol. There were cords of muscle straining the arm and shoulder seams of his shirt, tenuously buttoned across his budging chest. He is just attractive as hell.

But I quickly removed my gaze. I'm not interested. I'm not here for this. I'm here to move on from Bar, to forget about him even just for a night. I quickly refilled my glass with vodka and drank again.

I heard a faint sound and soon realized that it was from the phone of the man beside me. "Hello." he answered. "I already told you Ploy, let's not call each other while we're still furious. We'll just end up arguing again." and he quickly turned off his phone and ordered more whiskey.

Must be a lovers quarrel. I smiled bitterly. How I wish me and Bar are just having a petty fight right now. I would gladly choose a fight rather than a break up.

I didn't realize that I was still staring at him until, "Stop staring at me dude. I'm sorry I don't swing that way." he bumptiously said.

I quickly diverted my gaze to my drink. "I wasn't looking at you. I was staring into space." I denied.

"Yeah... right." he arrogantly answered before taking a sip on his drink. Psh, what an asshole.

"Having a fight with your girlfriend?" I asked without thinking.

I was supposed to take back what I said when he suddenly answered. "She's not my girlfriend. She's my wife."

"What were you arguing about?" I bravely asked.

He paused for a minute. "Its a petty fight. She kept on nagging me about chores." he answered.

"Well maybe you really did something wrong." I said before turning to look at him slightly.

"Its always been like that. It was always my fault. She always points her fingers at me even if I really didn't do anything wrong." he answered and drank again, anger evident on his face.

All it took was that conversation and we already got comfortable with each other. I introduced myself and vice versa. His name is Vee, and apparently, we are both engineers, and we even went to the same university. He's older than me by 2 years.

We talked for hours, about random stuff and some stories about my ex or his constant fights with his wife. Not until he suddenly dragged me in the middle of the club. "Dance with me." he said and started to smoothly dance to the beat of the music.

I don't know what came over me but I actually danced with him, despite not liking dancing and literally not being good at it. I just danced, not caring what people thought of me. I know the sudden confidence was the alcohol kicking in.

It was very wholesome at first, Vee and I were just dancing by the rhythm of the music blasting in the club. Until it got sensual and he began grinding into me. And I swear, I can feel his hard on. But instead of departing, I literally stood closer to him so he can continue what he was doing.

We continued grinding until he suddenly made me face him. He looked at me and we stared at each other, not caring about the people who were at the club with us. We looked at each other as if we were the people left in the club, or the world.

He leaned down and draped both his arms to my small frame. Heat abruptly rose from my stomach to my chest. And his intoxicating smell didn't help the loud thumping of my heart. I closed my eyes and felt his lips connect with mine.

And as if time had stopped right then and there. I know this is wrong but I wanted everything of this to be right, even just for tonight.