9th: War

Mark's POV

"I'm Joss." he introduced himself.

Joss? Wait, Instagram. My eyes went wide and I almost choked on my drink when I heard his name. "Joss? Joss Way-Ar?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Yes. How did you know? I guess you remember me now." he happily said.

Shit. I think he still does not know about the blind date thing. "Uhh yeah." I lied.

"I heard you're already handling your family's company." he said. "That's awesome, knowing you're still young." he complimented and smiled.

"Thank you. How about you, what do you do?" I asked him in return.

"I'm currently preparing to handle the family business soon. My dad's training me now." he said.

I nodded. "How is it? I'm sure its gruesome." I said, knowing exactly how hard it is to prepare yourself to be a CEO. It needs a lot of patience since you would need to understand everything; from the lowest position to the highest.

"Yeah sometimes I feel like my dad wants to kill me when I don't understand what he says." he said and chuckled. "But let's stop talking about business. I actually approached you because you were drowning in your thoughts. Is something wrong?" he added.

I quickly avoided his eyes looking at me. "Uhh, no its nothing." I lied.

"Let me guess, is it about love?" he asked knowingly. "I'm not being nosy, but its better if your bottled up feelings."

I meekly nodded. He is right. I did need somebody to talk to and he might be that. "What would you do if you love a person you can't have? And someone who doesn't even love you back?" I asked.

"Personally, I will let go. Love and war are practically the same thing. Its strategies are always allowable in one as in the other. And you never engage yourself in a war you know you can't win." he seriously said.

"I badly wanted him to lie down next to me every night. I wanted to see him before I sleep and after I wake up. I desired to hold his hand on streets or on malls. But I lack all the rights to do that." I explained, tears slowly building in my eyes.

"There are no such thing as rights when it comes to love. You love freely." he said. "Fight for him. I would have had let go if I was in your situation but you are different from me. We have different thoughts and we make different choices." he said while looking at me in the eyes.

"What if I lose this war? I'm afraid to get hurt. I'm terrified to be left alone in the end." I answered.

"Pain will always be present when you love. That's your battle scars in love. But if you could love him, and continue to love him, despite knowing that you don't have the slightest chance of having him, then its love with no regrets." he explained.

I shrugged. "I really don't know what to do anymore." I said and looked down to hide my tears from falling.

"Well, are you really a hundred percent sure he doesn't love you back?" he asked.

"He already told me." I answered.

"Hmm, there's only one method to check if he loves you. And if it works, maybe he'll even admit it to you unknowingly." he said and raised wriggled eyebrows.

"What method?" I asked.

"Easy. Make him jealous." he suggested.

I looked back down again. "He already become jealous once but he didn't tell me he loves me. Maybe he really doesn't." I said.