19th: Plans

Mark's POV

"Mom, we really don't have to do this." I told my mom for the nth time already.

We are currently at a restaurant with an event organizer that my family always contacts whenever we have a celebration or an event. My parents really trust her because she's really good in her job.

My birthday is in a few weeks so my parents decided to prepare a party for me although I'm disagreeing. I kept on telling them that I don't need a big celebration, rather, I just want a simple dinner with my family and some friends.

But as expected, my parents insists which explains why we're having a meeting with an organizer right now.

"Baby, you only celebrate your birthday once a year. And besides, the last time we had a grand event for your birthday was back when you turned 21. Its already been so long." my mom retaliated.

"Your mom's right Mark. You're already the CEO of Zion so a party is always necessary. We only need the best for you son." my dad said, backing up my mom.

This is one reason why I kept on opposing on having a grand event for my birthday. It becomes a business event rather than my own birthday. Its just an excuse to meet and talk to different elites and business conglomerates.

And I don't like that. I want my birthday to be solely celebrated for me and by people who are dear to my heart only. I want it to be a memory that I have with my family and friends, not with business related reasons.

I sighed. "Okay fine. Let's do this." I agreed, as of I have a choice. My parents already decided so I have no other choice but to agree.

My dad nodded to the organizer for her to start. "Okay so first of all, as stated by Mr. Masa, the event will be held in one of your hotels, so we won't have a problem with that anymore." she started.

My mom nodded. "Yes, the event will be held at our biggest hotel located at the heart of Bangkok." she said while smiling brightly.

"How many guests will there be?" she asked.

"There will be an estimated amount of 600 guests, including our business partners, relatives, and Mark's friends." my dad answered.

The organizer took notes and turned to me. "Do you have any theme in mind sir?" she asked.

I thought of it for a minute or two. "Hmm, how about a masquerade?" I said unsurely. I haven't had a masquerade with my birthdays before so I think it will be a good idea. And I also like the mysteriousness of the theme.

"That's a great idea baby!" my mom beamed excitedly, obviously loving the idea.

The organizer nodded and took note of what I said on her notepad. "That's a good idea sir. So what do you think of the colors black and gold as the motif of the event?" she suggested.

I nodded. "Okay, I like that." I answered, agreeing to her suggestion.

Black is one of my favorite colors and gold really goes well with it. It also adds more aesthetic and finesse to the theme so I think it's a great idea.

"Now, for your suit, I have already contacted the designer and she gave me some designs for you to choose on." she said and handed me her tablet.

I got it and looked through the pictures with my mom. I scrolled through different designs until one caught my attention. It looks simple yet sophisticated at the same time. "Mom, what do you think about this?" I asked, turning to my mom, asking for confirmation since she's good at things like this.

She nodded and smiled. "Nice choice baby." she agreed.

I looked at the organizer and showed her what I chose. "Here, but can I have it in the same color as the motif?" I asked.