22nd: Solitude

Mark's POV

As soon as I came close to him, I gave him a tight hug. "I knew it. You were gonna come." I said.

But he suddenly pushed me away.

I was a bit shocked but I just didn't mind. "Baby what happened? Are you all right? I was so worried about you." I kept on asking as I checked all of his body if he had any gashes. I was still worried that he might have gone into an accident on the way which is why he was late.

"You don't have to worry about me." he said, his eyes not looking at me.

"Why won't I worry about you baby? You weren't answering my calls. I thought something bad happened to you." I said, distress evident in my tone.

He smirked. "Yeah something bad happened to me. It was you." he said sarcastically.

My eyebrows furrowed as I felt a pang in my chest because of what he said. "W-what are you saying baby? Did I do something wrong?" I asked. I was confused why he was saying these things. I'm feeling as of something was wrong but I just can't decipher what it is. 

"Yeah. Everything's wrong. All of this is wrong Mark. We are wrong!" he yelled. I looked at him and saw that he was hiding something from me. I know him too much not to notice this. 

"I-I thought we already talked about this. Y-you told me y-you're going to have a divorce with Ploy right?" I stuttered as I confirmed to him what he promised me. 

"I'm not going to have a divorce with Ploy." he answered which startled me. My eyes went wide in surprise. I wanted to ask a lot of questions but I just kept it in myself first. This is not the time to ask this.

"Is something wrong baby? You can tell me." I said, trying to console him because I was feeling that he was going through something. 

I reached out to hold his hand but he just harshly swatted it away which made me step back in shock. "Let's break up Mark." he suddenly said which made me look at him.

"W-what did you say again?" I asked again even though I know to myself that I heard him clearly. I thought that maybe I was just hearing things or I just heard the wrong thing. I was denial because I didn't like what was happening.

"I-I said, let's break up." he repeated.

"Why? I-I thought we're happy. You told me you love me right?" I instinctively asked him many questions because I was so confused as to why he was suddenly breaking up with me. "We're just fine earlier right? You even surprised me for my birthday. I even called you right before my party and you said you were coming early." I reasoned out.

He looked away. "I don't have any reasons. I just don't want to be with you anymore." he answered.

I looked at him, confusion all over my face. "That can't be Vee. You can't break up with me like that." I retaliated. I didn't notice that I was already crying so bad because of the rain. "What's happening to you? You told me you were coming early but then you just came and you're suddenly breaking up with me?" I said. 

"Y-yes I can Mark. We're done." he said shortly.

He was about to go back to his car but I quickly held unto his hand tightly. "Maybe you're just saying that 'cause you're hungry. Let's just go home first okay? I'll cook for you baby." I said, trying to give him reasons to stay. I tried my best to sound like everything was fine between us. 

But he just harshly pulled his hand away yet again. "I'm not hungry and I'm thinking clearly right now. I'm breaking up with you Mark. I'm sorry." he said and quickly went to his car.