8th: Priorities

Warning: Mild Sexual Content

Mark's POV

"Baby, how are you feeling?" Vee asked me as soon as I woke up. I was still lying on his shoulders while hugging him. It made me smile secretly since we were practically cuddling in bed.

"I feel better now my king." I answered, giving him a reassuring smile.

He placed the back of his palm on my forehead to check my temperature and smiled after feeling that my fever has gone down. "Good. I would have dragged you to the hospital if you weren't okay by now." he worriedly said.

I gently laughed at what he said. "Thank you for taking care of me baby." I said.

"Wait for me here. I'm going to cook us breakfast." he said. I just nodded and he stood up and went out of my room to cook.

I was just watching television while waiting for the food, when my phone suddenly rang. I grabbed my phone to check who the caller was and it was my mom.

"Hi mom." I greeted her. "What's up?" I asked.

"Hi my baby. I miss you." she said on the phone which made me instantly smile.

Although I don't have a close relationship with my parents because they were always busy when I was young, I still feel that they love me. They always want the best for me and they are always proud of all my achievements.

When I was young, I was spoiled. In a way that they give me everything I want in order to compensate for they're lack of time for me. And I was just able to understand that when I grew older, and I learned that they did that for me. But sometimes, I can't help but feel bitter of my childhood.

But past is past so I'm trying to forget about all that because I love them. And these days, I feel that they are trying their best to pamper me now that they don't have work anymore. So I also do my best to spare some time for them.

"I miss you too mom. I'll come visit if I have free time." I said. Its been a few weeks since I last saw my parents because I was so busy with work and they always go abroad for vacation.

"I would love that baby. Just call me when you're going so that we can prepare a feast okay?" she said which made me laugh a bit.

"You don't need to prepare a feast mom. Its not like we didn't see each other for years." I jokingly said.

"Anyway, there's another reason why I called." she changed the topic. "Baby, mom has prepared something for you." she said and giggled.

"What is it mom?" I asked curiously.

"I just realized that its been long since your last relationship." she started. "And I don't want my baby to be lonely. So I prepared a little blind date for you." she said which made me surprised.

My parents know about my sexuality and my past relationships, and I'm thankful that they approve of it. They don't have any problem with what I am because as they said, 'love is love'.

My eyes went wide with what my mom said. "Mom, seriously, I'm not young anymore. What's with the blind dates?" I exasparetedly asked. Seriously, a blind date?

"That's exactly my point baby. You're not getting any younger. You're already 25." she explained.

"But mom! I don't want to. I'm busy." I reasoned out. But the truth is, I don't want to go to that blind date because of Vee.

Although some may say that I can date with my current status with Vee, I still won't because I already promised him I'll wait for him. Plus, of course I can't tell my parents about my relationship with Vee. They will kill me.