32nd: Protect

Mark's POV

"Secure all the entrance and exit points here in the condominium. I don't want anyone to come in when they're not an owner of a unit. I need full security measures." I talked to the head of security here in the condominium.

We're currently here inside my room and we're discussing about the implementation of a stricter security here in the condominium. Because we don't know what might happen, I personally demanded for an improvement in our security system. I'm still a bit scared for our safety because of Vee's father so we really need all the protection we can get.

"Yes sir. We'll implement that policy right away as per your orders." he answered politely.

"I also want to request for a set of guards that will be protecting my condo room for 24/7. Please place them outside my door." I said. "These are the pictures of the men that should never enter our premises." I added and gave them a set of photos of Vee's father and his guard.

He nodded and opened the envelope. "Okay sir. I'll hand these out to our guards and all the personnels here in the condo." he said as he looked at the pictures I gave him.

"I need every single one of you to be up in your toes. I need all the protection we can get." I ordered strictly. I was very serious and I was possessing a dark aura in me. I guess this is the businessman in me that was showing and not the real Mark.

After my meeting with the security head, he excused himself and went out of my room. I looked over at Vee who was at my side and he was looking at me weirdly. He has been quiet the moment I spoke earlier. I talked to the head for about an hour and he didn't talk for a single moment the whole time. "Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"You're scary." he said which made me laugh.

"I am not." I denied right away al though I know to myself that I am since everyone that I am close friends with who sees me in a meeting or in 'CEO mode' tells me the same thing. Even Joss and North tells me that they're scared when I'm in the office. Well, in my defense, I just that kind of facade since I am a boss and I should be serious so my employees would also take me seriously. After work though, I treat them like friends and I act like a normal person so they all understand that I'm just being professional for work purposes.

"Yes you are. Don't even deny it." he retaliated which made me smack his chest to show I was guilty of his accusations. 

"Is that why you were quiet the whole time?" I asked him curiously since he literally didn't talk for a whole hour. 

He nodded and laughed. "I felt like you were going to eat the security guard and I was scared you're also going to eat me so I didn't bother talking." he said. I didn't know if he was teasing me or telling the truth. 

I instantly blushed when dirty thoughts ran into my head. I quickly brushed it away knowing that it wasn't what he meant. "I'm not that scary." I said and pouted, trying to act cute for him. I'm not really a fan of doing these stuff but I don't know what Vee does to me and I can't help but act cute sometimes just to get his attention or just to get what I want. Which actually works most of the time so I guess he just can't resist me?

He pinched my nose and gave me a peck on the lips. "Okay baby, you're not scary. Just a little." he said, showing his defeat. Ha! I knew it. He really can't resist my charms. I was just too cute for him. I'm not conceited but I guess I'm that irresistible. 

"Do you want me to request more bodyguards that will protect you and your mom wherever you two go? " I asked him, being serious now. To be honest, I was really scared earlier while he went to his house to get the documents and his mom. Since I won't be able to focus anyways, I just went back here first and waited for them. And every single minute that they're still not here felt like hours. I was like waiting for it to rain when its really sunny. Good thing they were able to come here safe and sound.