30th: Truth

Mark's POV

"Thanks for cooking baby." I told Vee as we sat down beside the dining table. We are about to eat lunch that he volunteered to cook. We were currently in my condo and we both didn't go to our offices today.

Vee doesn't have a project to work on so he didn't have to go to work today. I was supposed to come to work today but I just decided to work from home because Vee asked me to. Since my work load and schedule isn't that full today, I just agreed.

"No problem, as long as its for you." he answered. Actually, when we're both here in my condo, I was the one who always cooks but since I was still working earlier, I didn't have the time to cook so he just volunteered to do it.

"How's your meeting with your dad yesterday?" I asked him. I haven't talked to him about it yet since we both got home late last night and I was so tired to start a conversation. I just went straight to bed after washing up.

"Its going well. Seems like he really believes in me." he answered. To be honest, even though I support him in his plan and decisions, I can't help but to be worried about him. He was abused by his father when he was young, what more can he do when he finds out that Vee has been playing with him?

I held his hand that was placed on the table. "Just be careful okay? If you need any more help, don't even hesitate to ask me." I said and looked over at him. Just like what I said, his fight is my fight too, and we'll face everything together hand in hand.

He gently brushed my hand using his thumb. "I will baby. Don't worry too much okay?" he asked and smiled reassuringly, trying to not make me worry.

I sighed. "Okay, I won't." I agreed. "How about your mom, how was she?" I asked him again. I know how his mom is also abused by his father so I also can't help but be worried for the person. No one deserves to be mistreated and violated.

"She's fine. She was willing to help us find proof for my father's illegal tradings." he answered softly.

My eyes went wide in surprise. "So that means, you were really right when you suspected him of being involved in illegal stuff?" I asked in shock. Personally, I really didn't think of his father like that. I just thought that maybe he was involved in corruption inside his company or something. I didn't know it was something even worse.

He nodded. "I just doubted at first where he gets all the money when the company isn't even doing that well. And yesterday, my mom confirmed it." he answered. "But even so, she was still willing to help us." he added.

"It must have been hard for her." I said. I can just imagine how hard it is to be involved in something that would surely make your husband, or the one you live, destroyed. I mean, there must have been a reason why she tolerated it all this time right? If I was in her position, which I hope will never happen, I probably wouldn't even know what to do.

He nodded and I can see that he was sad. "Yeah, but she's coping up." he answered. It must also be hard for Vee to do this and learn about everything but I'm very proud of him that he can still stay strong despite everything that's happening.

I stood up and came close to him. I gave him a hug and sat on his lap. "I'm proud of you baby, that you still get to stay strong despite everything. Just remember that I'm always by your side ready to support you in all your endeavors." I said as I fucked my head on his shoulder.

I hugged me back tightly. "Thanks baby. Thank you for being my strength. I didn't know what good thing I did to deserve you." he answered.

I looked at him. "You don't need to do anything baby 'cause you deserve to be loved." I said and kissed both of his cheeks. I then gave him a peck on his lips. I was supposed to stand up right after but Vee quickly pulled me to sit on his lap again and he kissed me once again, torridly this time.