1

Today was a slow day. Not many people coming in today for work though I was here.
Why? Because I like the company here. I take care of the new hybrids that get brought in here.
Usually there would be another doctor in here with me but he left early.

I played and took care of the younger hybrids and put them to sleep.
The wall phone rang.

"Hello? This is Min Y/n."
"H-help.. I-I see a man... he l-looks unconscious. H-he's been injured badly. I think he's a hybrid."
My eyes widened.
"Could you please send your location so our specialists can come in?"

"S-sure, please come quick!" He choked out.
I jotted down quickly the location and sent our medical team there.
"Hello? Sir?"

"Y-yeah..?"

"Please stay on the line until we get there. And stay with him until we arrive. Can you do that for me?"

"Y-yes... I can."

"May I ask what your name is?"

"H-Hoseok Jung."
——
You waited anxiously for any news about him.
You heard the man's breathing on the other side of the line.

"I-I think I see them!"

Sirens could be heard in the distance.
He stayed.
It was very rare for people to feel sympathy towards a hybrid.
Most treat them as pets and don't see them as equals to humans.
Our specialists questioned Hoseok about what he saw to write a report.

"The ambulance is here.. they're taking him in now." His voice sounded calmer. More relieved but still a bit shaky.
——-
The location was pretty far from the shelter.
There was nothing you could do now but wait until they got here.
You sighed and walked over to your desk to see if there was any news.

"Hey."
A deep voice said out of nowhere, interrupting my thoughts.
You almost jumped out from your seat.
"Jeez. Namjoon you freaking scared me!"
You hit him playfully.
Namjoon was one of your co-workers that also worked at the shelter and just happened to be your bestfriend.

"Ah! Ow! Quit hitting me."
You giggled at his reaction.

"What's wrong? You seem tense." Namjoon asked.

"Well...I just got a call a little earlier that someone found an injured hybrid that was left unconscious." His expression saddened hearing those words. Instead of talking he responded back with a hug.
I liked that about him. I could hear his heart beat as I eased into his embrace.
———
"Doctor! Doctor we need intensive care on this hybrid!" A member of our group of specialists said, panting and clearly out of breath.

I rushed over to them and saw the hybrid on the stretcher.
"He's a rabbit type hybrid, Male, about 5 foot 10 and about 150 pounds."
I nodded and started checking his pulse sites.
He was in terrible shape. Bruises covering the visible parts of his beautiful white skin. Cuts and gashes all along his body. His clothes were torn and his body temperature dropped ice cold. I followed our team to the operating room and we began treating him.

—— Time skip
He was now breathing steadily and regulated back to his normal body temperature. By this time everyone has gone home. Leaving me here alone with the bunny hybrid.
He's still asleep, we put him on some medication so he wouldn't feel as much pain or abruptly wake up during the procedure.

He should be waking up soon, I thought. I went to get him some of the shelter's spare clothes and new bandages.
I came back to him moving around a bit and shuddering slightly at the unfamiliar sounds.

I layed down clean clothes beside him on his bed. I removed his gown and began treatment. I couldn't help but think he's so cute. Fluffy ears, cotton ball tail, pouty lips...
Aish y/n stop it! He's a dangerous hybrid, nothing cute about him.