Chapter 14: Pay with your Life

Previously....

He was tall, board and scary. What did rebecca do to come scross him? Or better yet. What did he do to come across her?

Felix was puzzled. It was as if his mind was holding information from him. He had all the pieces he just couldn't put them together.

He recognised thet voice from Jason's phone call however he knew from somewhere else as well. It just wasn't clicking.

Felix eventually got tired and he went upstairs getting ready to head to bed. He wished rebecca a great date before his eyes closed enveloping him in darkness.

Two roads from his house a scream filled the dark streets. The man ran around the corner avoiding those who were following him. His feet skidded across the wet ground. Every turn he made was shook the damp ground.

The pavements seemed to be a trap. Leading him to the starting place, like a song on repeat. Lamposts were stationed at every corner. They seemed to stare at him with a look of distaste. Like he'd done something wrong.

He didn't do anything.

Max upon turning a corner slipped on the wet ground resulting in his body flying onto the rough ground. He felt his knees graze yet didn't waste time trying to get up. It was proven to be useless however when a figure stepped on his head keeping him on the ground. The figure lowered himself so he was eye to eye with Max who lay motionless on the ground.

"You done running?"

Max struggled ferociously under the weight of the mans foot. He had to live. He couldn't throw away his life for one mistake.

The man above him let out a laugh.

"What did I do?" Max shouted begging the man for an explanation

Recently his life's been a living hell and if this was going to be the end. he wanted to know at least why.

Max was roughly flipped over and the foot which once laid on his head moved it position to his chest pressing painfully down.

"You messed with the young boss' property." The man said. His voice was deep and dark. Like a curse.

Max didn't understand what he meant. At first.

He thought back.

What could they possibly mean.

But then it hit him. It hit him and once it did everything clicked.

Felix.

It was ever since he'd gone on that date with Felix everything started going to hell.

First his mum lost her job apparently because of a customer conplaint but that wasn't just it everything went worse from then in.

He had to stop going school to try support his mum and two siblings however, everywhere he applied for a job the interviewers would just stare at him with a look of fear on their faces.

As if they were warned not to hire him.

Money got so low that his sister and him and to begin selling there bodies for cash.

It worked for a while but eventually whatever happened to the interviewers happened to the entire world and there was nobdoy around who would even look at them. It was as if he had a sign on his back saying.

Dead man walking.

He relaxed his head onto the pavement accepting his fate. He was a dead man walking.

He shouldn't have risked it with Felix. He's heard all the rumors about Jason but still he was stupid enough to try get a piece. everybody in the school knew not to mess with him ever since what happened to Philip.

He should've taken the hint.

The man above him chuckled harder as he noticed Max's memory all clicking into place.

Max shook his head from side to side.

"You must've done something quite big for the young boss to order this. He's never ordered something like this."

The man said before pointing his gun towards maxs head.

Max face was filled with tears. Only one thought etched in his mind. Jason was truly a monster.

Brnng. Brnnng.

The phone was answered.

"Job done young boss." The deep voice said from the other side of the line.

"Thank You Thomas."

The phone was immediately cut afterwards. No need for any more words what was said was said and that was all that needed to be said.

Jasons dad who'd just placed down the phone walked over to his desk. He picked up the image of his wife which lay turnt over on his desk before turning it over again in order to see his beloveds face.

A smirk graced his face as he stared at the photo zooming in the small child in the mothers arm.

He's finally ready.

Mr.Stone didn't think anything of it when for the first time Jason agreed to go to a work meeting with him.

The young boy knew that along with the redline comapny they were also in charge of one of the biggest drug cartels in the country. This meant sometimes they needed to get their hands dirty but it was their lifestyle.

This made it so Jason was reluctant to join anything that had to do with it. But recently Mr. Stone noticed how his son was trying to get involved and he knew what was happening.

The same thing happened to him when he first realized his attraction to his wife.

The aged man walked slowly across the room before seating himself on the rusty brown leather chair which lay in the middle of the spacious room.

He reached over to the coffee table taking a swig of the brandy inside. Thinking of only one thing.

Its time.