Chapter 24: Zombie

Previously....

He was to do this. Jason knew this and pulled out his gun. He pointed it at the man on the ground. He still had a sly smirk on his face. Like he knew Jason wouldn't do it. He was wrong.

BANG.

The two erupted into laughter. It's been hours since they began talking and now it was well into the night. "Before I go..." Felix said facing Rebecca. She is waiting patiently for his request. "Tell me about your date?"

Ever since Jason told him who Thomas was and what he did he didn't know if he wanted him to be around Rebecca. So, he wanted to know how he was like when with her. He hoped it wasn't anything bad.

"He's really.... I don't know." Rebecca signed.

The truth is she was confused every time she was with him one minute; he'd be with her and all nice and then he'd be rushing away to go do something leaving her. she felt it was almost impossible to know what he was thinking.

The answer kind of scared Felix he didn't know what she meant by what she said, and the possibilities were endless. The only thing that could grant him satisfaction was if she were happy. "Do you like him? Does he at least make you happy. " he asked.

Rebecca wasted no time nodding. She did like him. a lot. They haven't met for a long time, but their connection was quite strong, and she was excited to see where it could possibly go. Felix smiled. That's all. that's enough.

Looking at her smile he knew he couldn't judge Thomas. No matter what he did. Rebecca gave him a ride back in her car to Jason's house. She was shocked to see how huge what is and said her goodbyes to Felix.

Felix exited the car and started walking towards the house. In the living room. He saw Jason's sister, Colbi. She was quiet as usual and normally she just ignored everything around her but this time she spoke to Felix.

"You should comfort Jason." Felix was confused and questioned her.

"Wait. What? Why?" he wondered if something happened to him. she simply shrugged her shoulders.

Felix knew that she knew but wasn't going to say it, so he wasted no time rushing up the stairs to see what happened to Jason.

When he entered the room, it was dark and colder than usual. The windows were open. Felix flicked on the light switch and gasped. Jason was on the ground crouching himself. His hands were wet as if he's been washing them for the past hour.

Upon seeing the light in the room Jason lifted his head. Felix studied his face seeing how emotionless he looked.

During the car ride back, thoughts began to invade his head. The fact that he took a life didn't register until he was home. And that's when he broke down. Every time he'd look at his hand they seemed to be covered in blood.

It wasn't like he hadn't seen a dead body before, but this time was different. Because it was his fault. The man's face as he lay lifeless in the middle of the alley was imprinted on his mind his eyes were open staring right into Jason's, Blaming and judging him for what he did.

He ended up screaming for 30 minutes begging for the blame and guilt to leave but it didn't work. It got to the point where he could barely talk anymore without his throat paining .

So, he just crouched into the cold floor.

Hours went by and only now did he realise how long he was there for. Felix went to his side worried painted all over his face. He held onto Jason's shoulders asking him what happened. However, Jason didn't say anything.

How was he going to comfort him if he didn't even know what happened? Felix just decided to hug Jason instead. it seemed like he needed it.

The second he placed his arms around his neck Jason's arms flung out gripping onto Felix as if he was his lifeline. He didn't want to feel anything else but him. They hugged for a while until Jason muttered something. it was quiet yet loud enough for Felix to hear. "I killed someone." He said.

The room fell quiet.

Felix heard.  He knew the time was going to come when he'd have to do what his father told him to, but he didn't know how close it was. Felix pulled away from Jason and noticed the tears that stained Jason's face. He couldn't help himself from releasing some of his own.

He gripped Jason's face and looked into his eyes. Yet Jason wouldn't look back at him. "Jason," he said trying to get his attention, "Look at me. Please." Jason seemed to understand and looked up into Felix's eyes. He was scared he didn't want to see Felix judging him. He was scared of him leaving him and never being able to forgive him.

He always put him through so much and he hated himself for it. "Remember my promise." Felix said. He knew what Jason was worried about and wanted to make sure that he'd trust him. "I'm not going to leave you, Jason." He said.

A little bit of light seemed to return to Jason's eyes.

And the two slowly got closer and closer before their lips connected into a passionate kiss. it was so desperate as if they both needed it. They were each other's drug and sickness. After that Felix timidly took Jason's hand.

He pulled on it and Jason understood what he wanted and stood up along with Felix. Felix then pulled him all the way into the bathroom. And slowly started unbuttoning Jason's shirt. Jason was shocked.

He wasn't sure what was happening or if he wanted it to happen. But he knew there was no way he was going to be the one to stop it.