Chapter 28: BEEP

Previously...

This was enough. He took a deep breath leaning back on the car.

This was enough for now.

That night in order to not cause any confusion Felix stayed over and slept on the bed while Jason slept on the couch. He wanted to go back home, however it was already quite late.

That night all sorts of thoughts ran through Jason's head. He was reflecting on his trip. What he'd learnt. Towards the end of his stay over in Detroit he noticed something.

He'd only ever heard it once but it was there.

there seemed to constantly be a presence in his mind and the way he learned to be in control of himself was to tame that presence. In doing so he was able to stay true to himself but the possibility of that person coming out still was a scary thought.

Jason knew he was strong enough to restrain it. It was before long until both of the men fell asleep with their locked-up feeling residing in their hearts.

...

That morning Jason woke up to a knock on the door. He jumped up from the couch and instantly made his way to his bedroom hoping to see Felix there. He was disappointed that he noticed that he wasn't here anymore.

It was quite early which meant Felix had to wake himself up when the first trains were running again in order to get home.

Does he hate me that much? Jason thought as he walked to the front door answering to whichever knocked on it.

It was his sister.

He hasn't seen her since he left, and they never really had a good relationship, so he found it weird that she'd be the one to visit him at such an hour.

Colbi didn't even bother to wait to be let in. she just walked into the house.

"I heard you landed yesterday." She said, her cold silky voice spreading throughout the quiet atmosphere.

she always seemed to have a cold intimidating aura around her, growing up she wasn't the kind to even let people touch her so it made sense she grew up to be quite hard-headed.

"why are you here?" Jason asked, closing the door and turning around to face his sister.

Colbi sat herself on Jason's kitchen island looking around the house. "hmmm. Looks good. "she said, sliding her finger across the counter and inspecting her finger for dirt. Colbi let out an approving nod before looking back to her brother who still stood at the door surprised at her visitation.

"I came to you that the company is mine. I convinced dad to let me be the CEO." She said.

Jason was shocked to say the least. He thought that when he came back, he'd have to slave for his father after doing so for his uncle.

He couldn't believe what his sister was saying, "Really?" he asked, his mouth hanging open.

"I know what you are Jason." Colbi said. Jason noticed how she relaxed her shoulders and for the first time ever the tension and aura she strongly released stopped.

She seemed to be bearing a vulnerable side to her brother for the first time in her life.

"It may not seem like it. but I care . For you. And... I'm happy that your back." Colbi said not to break eye contact with her brother.

Jason walked towards her and embraced her. they've never been this close before but this right there. It was needed. "Thank you. Colbi." Jason said, pulling away from his sister.

"I want to ask you something though." Colbi said tilting her head in curiosity, "How far have you reconnected with your wolf." The question was shocking, but it was quite a good one.

Jason told his sister that he'd only heard his wolf talk once and constantly felt its presence. Colbi seemed extremely interested and suggested to Jason that he do some research on the deep web in order to possibly gain a stronger connection.

She didn't mention it, but the truth is that she always wanted to see a shift. In this day and age there was no human with wolf blood in them that could shift. werewolves fascinated her. she got the idea from her mother and now she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Jason gave it a thought and agreed to try some things after that Colbi made her leave uprising to see him another time. After that conversation Jason took it upon himself to message Felix. He'd gotten his new number in the car the day before and desperately wanted to see him.

JASON: Can I see you?

He closed his phone knowing that Felix wouldn't be in a rush to respond.

The day went as quick as it came and throughout the rest of the day Jason focused on doing some research. He read multiple articles about wolves and how they shift until he came across a specific article. The website seemed very ancient, but Jason wasn't going to judge. At the bottom of the page an incantation was written.

"Ki lik ta nosen kyphos" Jason said slowly reading it under his breath. Thud.

Jason flew out of his desktop chair flinging himself onto his knees on the ground. An unimaginable surge of power entered his body leaving him shocked. He bent over his hands on the ground trying to steady his breath. It seemed to be a force pushing itself inside of his body. and it hurt.

"You did it Jason. It's me, Ace."

In an office mile away from Jason's house. Three men perked up. Their bodies moving in alarm.

Beep. Beep. Beep. one of them walked up towards the machine letting out the repetitive sound.

"We haven't had one of these in a long time. It's going to be a while until we can pinpoint a location." He said. His eyes squinting at the screen before a crackle came out of the gaps of his lips.

He threw his head back in laughter and his colleagues followed suit. That man turned around facing another.

"I guess your speculation was right."