- Chapter 9 -

♡︎♡︎

♡︎•♡︎

♡︎♡︎

The park was empty around this time.
It was late, and you sat on the swings, listening to the crickets chirping and the noise of the wind, blowing through your hair.

It was almost midnight, but being alone in the park felt rather calming.

"I've only been here to about 2 weeks and so much has already happened..."
You thought.
Your life had been quite eventful for the last few weeks, and honestly it felt a bit overwhelming at times.

Suddenly you heard the sound of footsteps.
You quickly hopped off of your swing and looked around cautiously.
"I really really hope I don't get kidnapped tonight."
Suddenly, a tall figure walked into the park. It was too dark to make out who they were, but they seemed to be heading right towards you.
You froze, not being able to move.
You gripped your phone like a weapon. It wasn't like it could protect you anyways.

Suddenly the figure stopped walking.
"Huh? Last time I checked kidnappers don't wait for you to run."
You stood by the swings, shivering.
Who was this person?

They took a couple steps forward, away from the shade of the trees.
The moonlight illuminated the figure's face.
"OH MY FUCKING GOD IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?"
Your jaw dropped as you realized who the creepy figure was.

"O-Osamu?!"
You were hoping to be a little louder, but your voice came out as a whisper.

"(y/n)?"
He asked. You could now see his grey hair and dark eyes.
He looked exhausted.
"I...what are you doing here?"
You asked, as you slowly sat back down on the swings.

"I could ask you the same thing."

It was funny to you how Osamu always sounded very unimpressed.
Well after all it wasn't like he really cared about anything other than volleyball.

"Just sitting here I guess."
You replied. Why did conversations between you two have to be so awkward?
He seemed to be such a blabbermouth when he was drunk, but right now he was dead silent.

He didn't explain why he was here, but instead he sat down at a nearby bench. That's when you noticed him carrying a grocery bag. He took out a piece of sushi and stuffed it in his mouth.

Not knowing what else to say, you put in your headphones and tried to distract yourself.
The sky was mostly clear and you could see the moon peak out through a couple scattered clouds.
It was beautiful to look at.
"The park hits different in the night."
Osamu suddenly said.