- Chapter 43 -

𝙷𝚎𝚢𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜! 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎,
𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎.
𝙰 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝙸𝚗 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚂𝚘 𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎:

𝚈𝚎𝚜  𝚘𝚛  𝙽𝚘

𝙿𝚕𝚣 𝚕𝚖𝚔 𝚒𝚏 𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚛 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍🥺
(𝚒𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙, 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚐𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜..?)

—•—

Time flies.
That much was obvious by now. Before you knew it, it was officially December 31st.
The bitterly cold morning greeted you as you swung open your window.
Your hadn't conversed with Suna for the last couple days, instead you distracted yourself by hanging out more with Mei, and even getting to know Aran Ojiro.

The tone of your doorbell rung in your ears and you stumbled into your kitchen. A piece of toast was held by your mouth, holding a jar of jam in the other, you used your second hand to unlock your front door.
Kita Shinsuke gave you a perplexed look as he saw the toast hang out of your mouth.
"Want me to grab a plate for ya?" He chuckled.
Shaking your head, you greeted him inside.
It was unlike Kita to show up to your house without at least having Atsumu or Mei around.

"Any special occasion causing your arrival?" you asked as you used a butter knife to spread jam on your toast.
Kita sat idly on your couch.
"Just passing by, and wanted to fill you in on the New Year's plans." He responded.
Nodding, you handed him a glass of water.
You quickly sat across from him, resting your plate on the coffee table, ready to listen.
Taking a deep breath he started:

"It's a rooftop party being held by some girl from our school, I have no idea, since Himari informed me about it. We'll have a clear view of the fireworks, and right next to the building is a hill we can sit on in case we want a better show." Kita's warmly smiled.

"Ah, I see. Sounds great, so it's just an Inarizaki school gathering?" you questioned.

"Basically, but with less people."

Nodding, you took a bite out of your breakfast.
Kita sighed solemnly.
"Just a couple weeks till you leave huh?"
You glanced up at him and turned away.

"I was tryna distract myself, but yeah I guess I gotta accept it." you mumbled.

"My bad, shouldn't have brought it up. Anyways, did you get a chance to say goodbye to Suna?" Kita asked.

You nodded.

"He hopped into my house the other day."
Kita chuckled as he heard this.
His glance noticed how dead serious you were and he regained his composed face.
"Yer gotta be kidding me."
You shook your head.
Kita slapped his forehead.
"God, Suna really has lost it."
"That or he never liked me to begin with."
you replied coldly.

Kita waved his hand to cut you off.
"No. I know he liked you, pretty rare for Suna. The kid just never had that much emotion for anyone. Sad situation really, unfortunately he'll probably be at the party tonight."
Kita objected.