- Chapter 14 -

♡︎♡︎

♡︎•♡︎

♡︎♡︎

A cold breeze blew past you as you exited the bus.

Some groups had already started hiking, and your chaperone was still trying to figure out what route your team would take.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the bus."
You heard Kita say as he approached you.

"Huh? Oh no don't apologize it's not like you caused her to say shit like that."
You replied.

"No, it's just maybe, I shouldn't have mentioned you stealing Suna."
Kita rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

You chuckled.
"Yuma's been like this ever since we met. It's not your fault."

"Alright everyone! Our group will be taking route B, which leads us uphill."
Mrs. Sato explained as she started walking towards the park entrance.

Suna was walking behind the group, with Yuma tightly holding onto his arm.
You could tell from his eyes that he wasn't happy.
He wasn't happy with Yuma.
Even if they weren't official, why didn't Suna just push her away. It never looked like he enjoyed having her around anyways.
You decided to divert your mind and focus on the trip.

The hiking path was steep, and with the cold breeze blowing past you every couple minutes, you felt like you were about to fall off the hill.
The only animals you had spotted so far were small birds, frogs and insects.
This wasn't a very interesting hike, on top of that your whole group was basically silent.

"This group sure is quiet..."
Kita suddenly said.

"There's nothing to talk about."
Suna answered.

Everyone else agreed.

As the hike continued, you moved further behind the rest of the team.
"How is nobody tired yet?"
You thought as you tried catching your breath.

You decided to stop walking to grab your water bottle, and that's when a strong wind hit again.
You used your arms to help yourself balance, but it only made things worse.
You stumbled backwards and let out a scream as you fell into the bushes next to the trail.

The rest of the group must have moved further up, and not been able to hear you, because you couldn't hear any nearby voices or footsteps.
That's when you noticed that the bushes you fell into had thorns. You quickly stood up and winced in pain.
You had a splinter in your hand.