- Chapter 44 -

Tightly holding your hand, the warmth of his skin on yours, your heartbeat quickened.

Atsumu dragged you behind him.
His honey brown eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Giggling against the strong breeze blowing through the hills, you begged for him to slow down.
"Oi! Shut yer trap and follow me."
He ordered, his voice sounded rather sweet.
The crescent moon poked out of the clouds as stars scattered across the sky.
Surprisingly, there were already crowds cascaded across the hills.
Along the hills sat a whole neighborhood, it seemed that everyone had come outside to see the fireworks.

Behind you, Suna Rintaro still stood solemnly at the porch, fiddling his fingers as he watched you and Atsumu from afar.
His words hadn't made a difference to you, since you believed that maybe losing you was the best thing for him.
Aran Ojiro ran after you and Atsumu,
Mei and Kita followed behind him.
Kita's hand gripped Mei wrist, the two staring into each other's eyes as they rushed downhill.
Mei's eyes sparkled for the first time in forever.
She finally knew she wasn't alone.

From the roof, Himari stood idly, sipping her drink, she looked down at the hills.
Sneering at the crowds, she furrowed her eyebrows the minute she spotted Atsumu grabbing onto your arm.
"Disgusting."
She thought, turning away.

Down by the hills, people had set up picnic blankets, brought food, pillows, cameras and other personal belongings.
Suna exhaled watching his breath curl up in the air, the cold turning his nose red.
The door behind him swung open.
Two people exited the house.
One of them was Osamu, the other was Yuma.
She was still dripping wet, her makeup smudged.
Osamu glanced over his shoulder to spot the terrifying sight.

"You look like a demon."
He replied bluntly.

"GET OFF MY PROPERTY!"
Yuma screeched, she quickly rushed back inside the door slamming behind her.

Osamu shrugged, taking a moment to catch Suna's eye.
He had a bento box full of onigiris in his hands.

"Hey."

"Hey." Suna replied, his dark eyes staring intently at Osamu.

"She's with 'Tsumu." He added.

"Who..?" Osamu asked.

"(y/n), you're here for her after all."

Osamu hesitated, taking a deep breath.
The Miya twin shook his head.

"I'm here to have fun, seeing her happy is just a bonus." He smiled, a day-dreamy look in his eyes.

Suna scoffed. "I suppose we all are."

Osamu nodded. "She sure is special huh?"

Suna agreed. "Yeah."

"Happy New Year Suna." Osamu replied.

Suna blinked expectantly.
"You're not gonna yell at me for being a terrible boyfriend or some shit..?"

Osamu shook his head, stuffing his face.

"Nah, you were still an amazing friend. I'm sure she appreciates you for being there for her, since the very beginning."
Osamu explained, a strange but familiar faraway look in his eyes.
The light of the stars reflected off his pupils.