- Chapter 36 -

You had missed going to see the guys practice after school, so here you were. Walking through the mostly empty halls, approaching the gym doors.

You were a bit late, so the boys had already started playing.
The gym was unusually empty, nobody else had come to watch them practice today.
The mood had shifted a bit as well, everyone seemed to be more serious.

BOOM!
The sound startled you.
"Atsumu's power serves."
you thought, glancing at the setter.
After your little interaction with him yesterday, it had gotten quite awkward between you two.

"Make me yours eh?"
you had asked, raising an eyebrow.

Atsumu smirked, then started laughing.
He pat your head, playfully and shook his head.

"I was kidding princess. I know you're with Suna. Not saying that I support it, but I won't be getting in between you two." He had said.

"What?"
you wondered, trying to read his expression.

"Y-you're saying..." you hesitated. "that you're not gonna get in between?"

He traced his fingers along your jawline, stopping at your chin to lift it up, so you would face him.
"Of course not." Atsumu leaned in to whisper in your ear. That sent chills down your spine, and you could see a mischievous smirk cross his face.

You could barely believe your ears. Possessive Atsumu had basically disappeared. He could definitely notice the confusion in your face, and it amused him.

Giving you a fed-up look, Atsumu pinched above the bridge of his nose, and explained:
"It's not that hard to understand, I don't care that much about your life subway girl."
He ran his hands through his hair.
"What the actual hell is he saying?!"
you thought.
Atsumu looked completely unfazed. His normal flirtatious nature had somehow disappeared as well. Eventually he broke the silence and said:
"Anyways, I better get going. Have fun with Suna, while it lasts."
With that, he started walking away, leaving you in utter shock.
It was a bit strange seeing him not acting like a bodyguard and loosening up. Honestly, you didn't know if you liked this change or not.

And now you were reliving your interaction with him as you sat at the bleachers.
"Oi! Stop, stop."
You heard Kita yell.
Glancing down at the court, you saw Kita giving Atsumu a stern stare.

"Good tosses, as usual Tsumu." Ojiro complimented, patting his teammate's back.

"What did you expect?" Atsumu boasted." I only bless the best spikers with my best tosses."

"That's great and all, but your energy is completely different when it comes to your tosses and your serves." Kita said coldly.

"Tch."
Atsumu bit his lower lip in frustration.

"Stop focusing on showing off, and crushing your opponents dreams. That's not gonna get you anywhere. Showing off doesn't always help in sports."
Kita scolded.

Atsumu frowned. "Of course he could tell." He thought, looking away from his captain. Suna yawned as he approached the rest of the group.
"And Suna." Kita pointed at the blocker. Suna's eyes widened. "Stop slacking off, pay attention, show more energy."
Suna rolled his eyes, but didn't say a word. The twins snickered.