- Chapter 12 -

♡︎♡︎

♡︎•♡︎

♡︎♡︎

  A week had passed since your conversation with Atsumu, and you started getting used to the new way of things.
Like not talking to Suna, being awkward around Osamu and dealing with Yuma.

Soon the last few days of September rolled around.
It had already started getting cold outside, and the trees were starting to lose their leaves.
Leaves of many different colors were scattered across the ground.
Life felt a bit boring at the moment.
You still hadn't been able to have the guts to talk to Osamu. And talking to Suna was almost out of the question.

However, during this week of not speaking to the two of them, you and Atsumu got quite close.
He started walking you to the station after school, hanging out at the park with you, and even took you to cafés from time to time.
He honestly was the ideal best-friend.
And you had grown to get used to his egotistical and sometimes rude side.

Today you sat in your homeroom class, sketching a dense forest in your notebook. You were supposed to be writing an essay, but you had no interest in doing so.
Suna was his usual quiet self, he had even moved into a desk in front of you rather than the one beside you.

"Alright listen up students! I have a very important announcement and I need all your ears."
Your teacher paused, making sure everyone had quieted down.

"Since all the natural parks will be closing soon due to the cold weather, we have put together a school hiking trip. Now I want to remind you guys that this trip isn't just fun and games. Once at the top of our hiking trail, we will be collecting data on all the different life forms we have seen while hiking."
Your teacher continued.

"A school trip? Sounds fun."
You thought, as you continued to stare out the window.

"I will be assigning all of you different hiking groups, each group will have a chaperone.
The Natural Park we are visiting is a bit far, so we'll be taking the buses there, understood?"

Your classmates nodded, everyone seemed excited about the trip.
In all honesty, you felt to tired to even react.

"Remember to check the group assignment board, outside of my classroom near the end of the day!"
And with that, the bell rang, and it was time for your next class.

"Hey, how's the princess feeling today?"
You heard Atsumu come up from behind you, as you exited the school.

"Shut up."
You laughed as you tried to reach Atsumu's head, in an attempt to mess up his hair.