- Epilogue -

"January 10th.."

Staring down at my watch, I impatiently tapped my foot against
the floor of the subway.
4 years ago, today, with eyes filled with tears, I had waved goodbye, letting go of the only paradise I ever had.
Back then I was only 17.
Now I'm 21 years old, going to University back in Japan.

The image of the New Year fireworks still replay in my mind almost every day.
Life had been pretty mediocre after my return to London, back to regular school life and my old friend group. Me and Noah completely lost contact, though every once in a while he would like my posts on social media.
Maybe it was like reassurance, something to remind me that he was still there.

About a year after I left Japan, me and Atsumu lost touch.
While it lasted, he was a pretty ok boyfriend, he was often occupied with volleyball, but for that year he tried his best to spend the most time with me.
Even if it was long distance.

And Suna?
He hasn't spoken to me since New Years Eve,
4 whole years ago.
Osamu on the other hand, I haven't really heard from him since, hope he's doing well.

Me and Mei still talk, however she moved to the Switzerland for college.
And I couldn't care less about Himari, though according to her Instagram she moved in with her mom in New York.
My best guess is that Kita is still in Japan.

The train screeched to a halt, the sound stinging my ears.
I yawned, clutching the handle of my suitcase.
Once again I had my headphones plugged in, the music drowning out the chatter of the crowded station.
Nostalgia buzzed through my mind as my eyes adjusted to the familiar subway station, where it all started.
The interior looked a bit more modern, perhaps a renovation had taken place since I had last been here.

"Ahem." A voice cleared their throat, the figure towering over me.
A male with black curly hair stood in front of me.
Holy shit he was tall.
My jaw hung open, noticing how short I was compared to him.
He had a mask covering his face, his eyebrows furrowed in an irritated expression.

"S-Sorr-"

"Move." He grumbled.

Using his hand, he motioned me to move. I noticed a pair of black latex gloves on his hands.

People were squished next to me, so I had little to no room to move.

"Are you deaf? Move." He ordered.

"Are you stupid? I'm stuck here, just shove past me or something." I snapped.

"I'm not touching your filth." He spat.

"What did he just say?!"

The male sneered at me, he had a bag hanging off his shoulder.

"Wait I recognize that-"

It was a volleyball bag, I could recognize one from a mile away.

"You play?" I asked involuntarily.

His dark eyes widened, he looked startled by the question.
His pupils followed mine, which were glued onto his bag.
Slowly, he nodded.
"Do you?" He questioned.

I shook my head. "Someone I knew did."

He nodded, then sighed in exhaustion.
"Guess I'll just have to wait for this awful crowd to leave." He mumbled.