- Chapter 40 -

Mei impatiently watched the clock tick.
Each passing minute filled her with more and more dread.

The airport was unusually empty, you hadn't even specified a time you would arrive, but Mei had still gathered everyone.
Kita yawned, as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, Himari was scrolling through her phone, Atsumu was impatiently tapping his feet against the floor.
Osamu was the only one who was able to notice Mei's tensed expression.
"What's up?"
His voice made Mei jump.
"U-Uh n-nothing..." Mei muttered, trying to quickly regain her composed face.

Osamu knew that was a lie, but decided not to question it.
It was early, and the group had waited at the airport for about an hour, with no sign of your arrival.

"Where the hell is Suna?"
Atsumu asked, sipping coffee.
"Isn't he the big, strong boyfriend or whatever."
Kita glared at Atsumu's remark.
"Maybe he slept in."
Himari suggested, reapplying her lip gloss.
Kita frowned, he knew Suna was the lazy type, but it was strange for him to be a no-show.
In all honesty, Mei had refrained from inviting him, but of course someone else from the group must've told him the plans instead.

Osamu took a bite out of his pocky stick, as he glanced at the big windows, expectantly.
Waiting for a plane or something, that might signify you coming.

"Dammit, I can't do this anymore!"
Atsumu whined, stomping his foot down like a little kid.

"Calm down Miya, it's only been an hour." Kita warned.
Atsumu puffed up his cheeks in frustration, as he rested his feet up against one of the chairs.
Mei bit her nails, she couldn't decide whether or not to mention what she saw at the park.
She didn't want to doubt Suna's loyalty, but at this point there was no telling.

Suddenly, hurried footsteps could be heard approaching the group.
Everyone turned to see the tall middle blocker stumble into the area.
His hair was a mess, and his jacket was loosely hanging off his shoulders.
A wild look was in his eyes, one that Mei could only recognize as genuine worry.
Suna's stomach was basically doing backflips, as he noticed the confused eyeballs observing his presence.
His normally lazy eyes were wide open, and he looked somewhat dazed.

"About time." Atsumu groaned.

"Oi! What took so long?" Osamu questioned, suspiciously staring at his teammate.
Suna nervously rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged.
He stuffed his hands in his pockets, one of his headphones still in his ears, as he forced a smile.
Mei furrowed her eyebrows.
"Y-You really s-shouldn't be here."
The whole group stared at her in disbelief.
Kits cocked his head to the side, a perplexed look on his face.
Himari turned to glance at Mei, she could sense something was up.
Atsumu raised an eyebrow, studying Suna's uneasy expression.
Silence was all the group received from Suna.
He seemed to already know why, but his shaky body showed that he didn't expect everyone to figure out so quickly.

Mei raised a trembling hand up, pointing towards Suna.
"Y-You che-"

"(Y/N)!" Atsumu's voice interrupted Mei, as he rushed towards you.

Eyelids heavy, and a dis-heartening face, was the first thing Atsumu noticed about you.
Trudging around in exhaustion, and what looked like a lack of sleep, you clutched the handle of your suitcase tightly.
Your eyes were following your shoes, and the reflection of the lights inside the airport, reflecting off the ground.
Atsumu clutched your face, moving it upwards so your eyes met his.
His honey brown eyes softened the minute he saw a small line of tears tracing the bottom of your eyes.
Without hesitation, he pulled you in for a hug.
His warmth was comforting, and you lazily rested your head on his shoulder.
Osamu approached the two of you, and threw his hands around both of you.
Soon Kita and Himari joined too.
Bundling up against you, in a great, big group hug.
Mei trembled, standing next to Suna, unable to move.
Then, she too, ran over to you, clasping her hands around everyone else.
You felt everyone's heavy breathing, and the unspoken silence filling the area.
Nobody bothered to say "welcome back" or "how are you" since the answer seemed quite clear.
The peaceful quiet helped calm your nerves as you sunk into everyone's embrace.