- Chapter 41 -

"December 27th..."
you sighed, staring at the date.
The year really was almost over.
In the last 5 months of staying in Japan, your life was the most eventful it had ever been.

"Distracted huh?"
Mei asked.

"Hm?"

"You have that weird faraway look in your eyes." Mei explained, handing you a boba.

Shrugging, you grabbed the drink.
"It's just crazy, everything that's happened. And I still have another year left." you explained, as you felt the cold air blow past your feet.
The doors of the subway slammed shut, as more passengers boarded.

The subway rolled along, you continued staring out the window watching the trees and hills roll by.
Mei was accompanying you to the Miya Twins house.
Since you were feeling significantly better, Kita had offered hanging out with the group at the twin's house.
Atsumu had reluctantly invited Himari, still irritated by her presence.

"So..." Mei paused. "Did you talk to him?"

You gave her a perplexed look.
"Oh."
you groaned as the realization hit you.
"No. I don't plan to for a while."
you replied.
Mei was referring to Suna.

"Listen...."
Mei hesitated, inhaling before continuing:
"I saw Suna at the park that night. Talking to Yuma, and she did push herself on him. Though he was the one who invited her. At least that's what I picked up from their conversation."

You turned to look at Mei, she was shaking, a look of pure guilt on her face.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier."

"Don't worry about it. I get it."

"Ok..."
Mei replied sheepishly.

"I miss him."

"Who?"

"S-Suna I mean..."

"B-Bu-"

"I know he didn't have bad intentions... well...what he did was wrong but.
He was drunk, and Yuma forced herself-"

"Stop, it's ok."
Mei interrupted, placing her hand on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry. We should be focusing on the New Year's arrival." you whispered apologetically.

Mei smiled warmly.
"Since we're opening up...I had something else to admit."

Raising an eyebrow, you stared at her expectantly.

"The rumors...the ones I mentioned when I first saw you on the bus. You know how I didn't want anything to do with you because of what I heard?"

you nodded, remembering the moment.

"The person who supposedly spread those rumors...well..."
Mei stopped.

"Well..?"

"I don't know if I shou-"

"Like it matters. I don't care who I lose anymore." you spat out coldly.