━━ CHAPTER SEVEN

"TRUST? THROWN OUT THE WINDOW

"TRUST? THROWN OUT
THE WINDOW."

━━ juliette scott
june twenty seventh. ━━

"dinner time." michael tells me, a low tone in his voice. "you have to eat."

lately he's been distant since i told him what happened to my mom. maybe he thinks i'm gonna get him sick, like i did my mom.

i nod, "okay."

ashton then comes in with spaghetti that's still steaming. it's got texas toast on the side too, along with water.

it looks good, but i'm just not hungry.

i cleared my throat, looking up at the three. "i'm not hungry."

"you've gotta eat." michael gushes, pushing it further to me. i feel my stomach start to turn almost immediately.

"i'm gonna vomit."

ashton springs into action, putting the trash can by my mouth. and a few seconds later, im throwing up lunch.

michael rubbed my back as i threw up, ashton looking away from the trash can.

"i'm done," i sobbed, wiping my mouth with a tissue and then proceeding to grab another tissue— wiping my nose.

"come on jules, you've gotta eat." michael ushers, making me a teensy bit angry. i legit just threw up.

"i cant." i groan, pushing the food away from me and turning my head away. "i cant eat right now."

"michael let her sit—"

"she needs to eat," michael sternly says, shoving the food into my face. "eat."

i tear up, "i just don't want it yet, mike." i sniff, looking at him. "just stop."

he just continues to push it into my face. i push it away, almost making it go everywhere and standing up.

"this is the only way that's gonna make you feel better!" he yells.

"i have to ease into it!" i yell loudly back, being very pissed off by now. "you don't get it. you aren't me, i can't eat right now! especially after throwing up."

"this entire thing would be easier if you just ate."

"fuck! i'm cured, thanks!" i sass, watching michael try to approach me and grab my arms.

i let my nine years of gymnastics kick in.

i jumped over the desk and out into the hallway, running as fast as i could down the dull hallway. i turn back and see all of the four topple over everything.

"somebody catch her!" michael yells as i continue running down and around the facility.

i didn't want to eat. does he not get it?

i ran into the room that was called mine and into the attached bathroom, and hid in the shower.

i heard a couple footsteps walk into the room. i put a hand over my mouth and try to stay quiet.

"jules," michael softly says.

"go away!" i scream as i hear him come into my bathroom. "go away. i want a different doctor, no i want to go home."

before i could speak, it all happened so fast. two sets of arms dashed into the shower and grabbed me.

they held my forearms like you'd see in the movies. i kicked and screamed as tears started flowing down my cheeks.

they brought me into a room with a bed in the middle. they lay me down and strap me onto it.

"we have to do this, i'm sorry."

my eyes are blurred as michael holds up something. the thing he's holding up looks like it's a,

oh my god. it's a fucking feeding tube.