━━ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

"SORRY

"SORRY."

━━ juliette scott
september third. ━━

i was currently stalking charlottes instagram on my computer, scrolling down the posts. her account was literal goals. best thing i learned? she is bisexual.

her account just gives off such safe vibes. she posts about important events happening in the world, she posts about her garden; she just has cottage core vibes to put it plain.

it's so comforting.

just as i was about to hit follow, i hear a knock at my bedroomdoor. i close the computer fast and say, "come in."

in comes michael with a small smile on his face, holding my door open. as he did, duke jumped up on my bed and curled up next to me.

"hey! come downstairs, we are playing some games!" he chirps, happiness radiating off of him.

"oh sure!" i agree, petting duke before setting aside my computer and following michael down the long staircase.

as we enter the living room, i see three guys arguing about something, again.

"oh my god. you guys are so fucking annoying— juliette, do you by chance know how to solve a rubix cube?"

this is my time to shine.

━━

"aaaand, voila! there you have it," i said, carefully setting the easily solved rubix cube. the three guys stare at it, absolutely stunned.

"how the fuck did you—"

"language!" ashton warns, looking up from his book that he's been reading for the past hour.

"how did you do that?"

"practice. and rubix cube club!" i say.

━━

after a long day of way to many rounds of the board game, sorry, i decide it's time for bed and leave the living room after saying goodnight.

today had been a long day.

michael had brought up the subject of school, and i wanted to hold off the conversation for as long as i could.

after i finish doing my night routine, i crawl into bed and turn off the lights, quickly falling asleep.