━━ CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"VERY SERIOUSCONVERSATION

"VERY SERIOUS
CONVERSATION."

━━ juliette scott
july twenty third. ━━

i stared at michael, my jaw on the floor and barely comprehending what he had just said to me.

"you got him fired?" i gasped, very surprised that he even had the balls to report him. all he could do was chuckle and nod, sending me a devious smirk.

"of course i did. jules, what he did was unacceptable, and also against the rules. plus, no one gets to be a dick to you and it going unnoticed." he whispered the last part.

a small grin started to form on my face.

i was actually happy. it felt like i finally had someone who cared and understood. for a year, it was never about me. it was always about someone else.

but now, it was finally about me.

"thank you." i said after a moment of silence. i sunk deep into the chair. "how did it happen? did he say anything to you?"

"nothing but a couple curse words under his breathe." michael shrugged.

i nodded awkwardly, and we both stayed silent for the remainder of the few seconds. my foot tapped against his desk.

"actually, i have a question for you."

"you do? what is it?"

"i want you to listen cause it's very important and i want to know what you want before i go ahead." he slowly tells me.

i begin to worry. what in the world?

"tell me; would you rather live in australia with your grandma, or stay here; with me?"

i froze. "huh?"

"answer it, please." he pleads to me.

"okay uh," i run my hands through my hair,
thinking about how to answer this. "i honestly want to be with someone safe."

"well what if i took you to my home?" he slowly asks. "you know, and stay with me."

"are you asking to adopt me right now?"

"would it be bad if i said yes?"