━━ CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

"HIM

"HIM."

━━ juliette scott
september twenty third. ━━

i am completely speechless as they search my face and what i'm wearing. i decide to be the one to speak, rather loudly. "how did you—"

"we have been looking for you everywhere." my dad grids his teeth, grabbing ahold of my wrist tighlty.

"what the hell? let go of me." i demand, trying to push his hand away from my wrist.

my stepmom laughs evily, "we've decided to take you home so you can be our new, personal maid. how's that sound sweet?"

i tear up hearing that, and scream as loud as i could, but suddenly gaining a slap to my face. how the hell is no one hearing me?

"shut up bitch," my dad snaps at my stepmom. he then grabbed my face as tightly as he could and makes me look at him. "listen here juliette, no more fucking games." he says, spit flying at my face.

"what games—" i cry. i begin to search his face and notice how pale and skinny he's gotten. how sick, and evil his eyes look. "d—dad,"

"my name isn't dad anymore, it's william, you're not my daughter and never have been, my name to you is sir." he sternly says, throwing me into the trunk of a car. "understand?"

i don't say anything.

he grabs my throat and slams me against the floor of the car, "do you understand?"

i choke, "i—i understand."

━━ michael clifford
five thirty. ━━

my finger tapped the side of the table, sitting at a certain angle. my right leg bounces whilst my phone sits in front of me, hoping it lights up with a text message from juliette.

"she should've been home two hours ago." i speak, "where the hell is she?"

luke sets a water bottle down next to me, panic and worry laced across his face. "there's no way she got lost right? the school is a ten-minute walk from here, that's not bad at all."

just as i was about to answer, loud foot steps rush down the stairs. calum's face shows with worry. "someone says they saw a girl on their camera footage matching juliette's description. talking to a man and a woman, maybe another child there too."

"do they recognize the three? when was this?"

"they said they've never seen that group in the neighborhood before, and it was around three? the noise detector picked up screams and cries, yet no one came out to investigate." calum explains. "they said the teenage girl looked scared. they're sending the camera footage as we speak."

my eyebrows furrow, "how could no one check and see who's screaming? is that not common sense?"

"apparently not." ashton mumbles, "let's get everyone out searching for her. the hospital staff can do a lot, try and help. we've got to find her."

"could it be a kidnapping?" luke suggests.

"fuck." i mumble, "if it is, im going to be pissed. god i should've been more smarter, if i was, this wouldn't have happened."

ashton comes up behind me and pats me on the shoulder, "it's okay. we're going to figure this out."