━━ CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"GO FISH

"GO FISH."

━━ juliette scott
august twenty first. ━━

"nope," i shrugged, "i don't like it."

"how can you not like ice cream?" ashton gasped, taking a huge bite off his spoon of cookie dough ice cream.

"well— i'm vegan, and dairy isn't necessarily vegan." i chuckle, making ashton nod in understanding.

we continue doing our thing until we hear the office door swing open, revealing none other than michael.

"well, hello everyone!" michael entered the room with a wide grin on his face. "everyone is packed up correct? so we are all ready to head back in five days?"

"i'm not packed." i furrowed my eyebrows.

"oh; i've packed your things for you." he points to me and sits down in his spin chair.

"i haven't got anything to pack."

"technically, you do. medical records, adoption papers, other things like that. plain boring stuff." michael hums, opening his computer and going back to his work.

i nod, still purely confused, but go back to playing go fish with calum who sat directly across from me after our break of not playing.

"got any fours?" he starts, batting his eyelashes innocently at me.

i smirk and breathe in sharply, pause and then say; "go fish."

he groans, throwing his cards down on the ground playfully and rolling his eyes. all very dramatically. "how the fuck."

"do you have any fives?" i interrupt his temper tantrum.

"yes." he says, annoyed and gives me one of his fives. i put my five next to that one and set it down next to me.

"what're you two doing?" ashton speaks up, looking away from his phone and putting it on his chest.

"it's a card game called go fish." i answer, "have you never played?"

"go fish?" he repeats.

"yes." i nod, firmly.

without word, ashton gets up and comes and sits next to me and calum, situating himself. "what is it?"

"have you never heard of go fish?" i gasp, baffled.

"um, no?" he laughs nervously.

"damn. okay so basically, you get six cards, and then you ask if someone has the same number on a card that you do. if they do, you take it and put it into a pile. and if they don't, they say go fish and you have to grab another card, just one. it depends on how it ends, but whoever has the more matches wins in my game."

ashton nods with his palm holding his chin, and mumbles. "interesting."

luke gets up after i explained and scoots down to the floor where we sat, and said; "i wanna play."

"me too!" ashton interrupts.

"me three!"

michael moves down next to me and luke sits on the other side of me whilst ashton sits next to calum, who sat next to luke. i take all of the cards back in my hand and start to shuffle them.

i give everyone each a set of six cards and we all begin our intense game of go fish.

"oldest goes first, ask anyone ash."

ashton straightens his posture and clears his throat. "calum, mate, got any threes?"

"no i do not." calum says, "go fish mate."

━━

after many, many rounds and saying we were gonna stop after each one, calum and luke are arguing over who won.

"you fucking cheated!" calum defended himself. i grabbed some popcorn that michael made when this began and stuffed it into my mouth.

"i literally didn't." luke gasped, putting his hand on his chest in a surprised manner.

"rock paper scissors guys." michael laughs.

so, they begin to play rock paper scissors. luke ends in a paper, and calum ends in a rock. luke jumps up in excitement while calum drops his arms.

"you all are against me."

━━

hello everyone. i hope you're excited for this

i've been goin through some stuff but i'm sorry for not updating. i hope everyone enjoys this chapter.

x