━━ CHAPTER THIRTY.

"FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, AND OH FUCK

OH FUCK."

━━ juliette scott
september twenty third. ━━

i was in the middle of a wonderful dream when my alarm went off, it was blaring in my goddamn ear. i grumble and slap my phone, the alarm noise abruptly stopping.

after a few seconds of deciding if i should get up, i do and sit up, swinging my legs over the side of my bed, slowly walking toward the attached bathroom.

i look at myself in the mirror for a good minute and blink a couple times. i take my hair out of its nasty ponytail, then redo the nasty ponytail and i brushed my teeth quickly. after i'm done, i smile a toothy smile in the mirror before heading downstairs.

"good morning my sophomore!" michael says, giving me a giant kiss on the forehead as i enter. ashton greets me with a smile and slides a plate full of food across the countertop.

i examine the plate carefully. ashton had put together celery, pasta with vegan sauce, and one of my favourite yogurt packs.

"thank you," i thank ashton, grabbing a fork and starting to eat. once i'm done eating, i get up and rinse the plate before heading back upstairs and closing my bedroom door.

firstly, i put on the uniform my school had us wear (sadly) and put on black converse, a couple nice rings, mascara and packed my bag for today. i put my hair into two nice french braids and go back downstairs to leave.

"hello, again." i say as i enter the living room.

i get a couple hi's and hellos, and how are yous before everyone goes back to finishing their last few morning duties. today was my first day, which also meant having to be the new girl; once again.

"who's driving me?" i ask before my mind goes into overthink overload.

"we're all carpooling," luke says, bringing me into his side. "it's your first day! we all get to experience it."

━━ michael clifford.
at psca. ━━
(private school of california)

i watch carefully as she enters the school, her waving to us moments before. my eyes fill with tears but i try and blink them away.

but luke seems to notice as he asks, "you alright, mike?"

"yeah," i hold my breathe. "i'm just happy she's happy, is all."

i feel a slap to the back of my head, "stop making us emotional!"

━━ juliette scott
walking home. ━━

i skip down the sidewalk, dancing to the music in my headphones. the walk from school to home wasn't bad and it was nice today so i decided i'd walk.

but as i was distracted with my wonderful music, i feel someone come out of the corner next to me and pull me into it.

i go to scream, but a hand prevents it.

"shut up," i hear.

i reluctantly open my eyes, and there they were. the people who i didn't want to see for the rest of my life. my dad, stepmom and my little brother.