━━ CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

"THE LIFE THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE

"THE LIFE THAT WAS
NEVER MEANT TO BE."

━━ michael clifford
september twenty sixth. ━━

everyone stared at the kid, confused. he stood in dirty rags for clothes, his hair grown out and his face covered in dirt.

he was the first to speak. "my sissy," with a frown and he pointed into the house.

after a couple people spoke to him, he was brought over to me and i sat him up on the trunk of the car. "hi buddy, my names michael." i smiled at him. "is your sister juliette?"

he nodded slowly as i brought out my first aid kit, i watched as his bottom lip quivered and his eyes filled with tears. i felt bad for the kid, so i just tried to focus on him.

"she's hurt." he mumbled.

i clenched my fist and called luke over to take care of the little kid, running past everyone and into the house; not giving a flying fuck about what the police said. my little sister is in that house and i am going to save her.

i ran to where the police were about to break down a door, and stood beside them.

"put your hands where i can see them!" the police shouted, pointing their guns at the two people putting their hands up. the two people i recognized to be her dad, and her stepmom.

i look toward the chair in the middle of the room, where juliette sat. her head hung low, blood seeped through her nasty ass clothes and her not responding, i rushed to her. "baby, open your eyes for me. okay?" i begged, touching her face.

no response.

ashton, who i didn't know was there, checked her pulse and looked to me in worry. "a light pulse. we need to get her to the doctor, right fucking now."

i picked her up bridal style, and rushed her out toward the ambulance that was waiting outside. i put her on the stretcher, and as i was about to get into the ambulance someone stopped me.

"you know the rules."

yes, i did. but did i care? no.

"get the hell out of my way, shit bag, before you get punched square in the face."

━━ calum hood
outside the home. ━━

i was cleaning the little boys cut, who was whining about the stinging but luke talked to him as i cleaned them.

"what's your name, bud?" luke asked.

his bottom lip still quivered. "my n— name is xavier."

luke smiled enthusiastically to the child. "that's an awesome name, my name is luke, and that's calum!"

"thank yous!" he thanked luke, becoming smiley. "where's sissy?"

i took a deep breathe.

"sissy is hurt. but she will be okay, don't worry." luke smoothly answered. i gave him a smile, and a super cool bandaid once i was done.

the police walked over with a notepad in their hands, "we need the child."

"he's not ready yet." i state.

"we need him though—"

"not yet."