━━ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.

"BACK IN THE ARMSOF THEM

"BACK IN THE ARMS
OF THEM."

━━ juliette scott
september eighth. ━━

"i'm nervous."

"don't be!"

"i can't help it!"

"calm down, li." annie laughs, closing her car door. "the only thing you should be worried about is the amount of hugs you'll be getting, and how you're gonna breathe."

i take a big deep breathe, and nod. "alright. i'm ready." once we follow up toward the front door, and annie opens it, i hear ton's of gasps.

my aunt jenna is the first to engulf me into a hug. she's my mom's sister, also annie's mom. she's so very sweet and was, and still it, my favourite aunt.

"my god!" she exhales, breathing my scent in as she squeezes me. "you've grown so much since i've seen you. you look like a full blown teenager. where has the time gone?" she continues to hug me tightly, rubbing my back.

"hey," i smile into her embrace. she pulls away and examines my face. "how are you?"

"im great! how are you?" she asks.

"i'm good." i smile brightly.

"damn, you look so old! how old are you now? fifteen? no, sixteen right?"

"sixteen, yes." i say.

after the introductions and the "hello, you've grown so much!" sentences, we're all sitting on the couch and talking about how everything has been for the past year. we also talk so much shit about my dad, which felt amazing.

as they continue talking about everyone and everything, i notice how my grandma hasn't shown up get and i grow curious.

"annie," i lean over to annie. "where's grandma?"

"i'm not sure." annie shrugs, "but you know nana, she's big on gifts and big entrances. she'll be here soon. don't worry okay?"

i respond with a nod. "i won't."

━━ michael clifford
grandmas home. ━━

"do you think that'll actually happen?" i gasp at ashton's previous remark of 'imagine if she want's juliette back' with a casual laugh.

luke comes up behind me and grabs my shoulder, "michael, i'm going to be brutually honest with you." he softly tells me, "if she does want to have juliette with full custody, you will have to respect that. she's blood, you're not."

as much as im upset to hear this, luke's right. if juliette's grandma does want custody of juliette than i have no other option then to respect it. i take a big deep breathe in, and knock on the front door.

after a few seconds, the front door starts rattling. i gulp as the door swings open, revealing an all too familiar face from my childhood. my mom's best friend.

"my, you boy are earlier than expected." she gasps, eyeing all of us. "come on, come in." she ushers us. we all walk inside the house and she happily shuffles back to her kitchen.

"hello mrs. scott." i say nicely.

"hello michael! i've missed you dearly, how's juliette? are these your friends? come here, and give me a hug!"

i reluctantly walk up to her and give her a big hug.

"alright, sit. lets discuss."