Chapter XIII: Altared

*Ruby's POV*

After Oobleck devided us we went through some street. We stopped because we saw Beowolf's footprints. When suddenly Weiss yelled.

Weiss: "Ruby, behind you!!!"

I turned around and saw 20 Beowolves along with 2 alphas.

Ruby: "Get ready Weiss. This will get nasty." I used my semblance and rushed at the alphas. I made tens of slashes but each time it ended in regural one. Weiss was shooting Ice Dust Crystals at the alphas in attempt to turn them into an ice cube.

Weiss: "Ruby get out of there." I retreated back to her and she tossed an Ice Crystal to the center of the remaining Grimm. "Shoot it."

I aimed at the crystal and pulled the trigger. It turned into ice spikes in a circle form klling all the Grimm inside it.

Ruby: "Stay on guard. There might be more."

We slowly approached a street that looked kinda large. Guess it was main street.

Weiss: "I've seen everything but this is just depressing."

Ruby: "Well this is Mountain Glenn. It's not supposed to be a walk in a park."

Weiss: "Yeah.... but I can't imagine what exactly happened there. How many lives were taken."

Ruby: "I was wondering that too. But we're huntresses not archeologists. Let's continue. We have hideout to find."

Weiss: "Then let's go."

We walked through the main street until we were on the end. There we saw something that looked like a cave entrance. I pointed towards it.

Ruby: "Hey let's check this out."

Weiss: "Better be careful. You never know what might be inside."

We slowly approached it. It was dark and there were some mushrooms that were glowing blue and green. Then we saw no other path. I wanted to returned but Weiss spoke.

Weiss: "It continues. There is really narrow passage between those rocks."

Ruby: "What are you waiting for. Go on." And with that Weiss disappeared. After a while she shouted.

Weiss: "RUBY GET OVER THERE YOU NEED TO SEE THIS." I sheathed Crescent Rose and made my way towards the passage. It's really narrow. After some time I passed it and what I saw next made my eyes wide. There was a huge platform surounded by 5 pillars. Those pillars had a small hole in them each.

Ruby: "What is this thing. I never heard about something like this."

Weiss: "It looks like some kind of ancient altar. But what for?? We need to tell this to Oobleck." I returned back to that passage with Weiss right behind me. When I was about to come out I saw 2 Ursa Majors wandering around so I stopped. "Why did you stop?"

Ruby: "There are Grimm outside." I then carefully left the corridor and hid behind some rocks. Weiss did the same. She showed me 3 on her hand and I nodded.

Weiss: "1, 2......3" We rushed at them each of us taking 1 of them. I slashed at it only for my scythe to get stuck in it's armor. Luckily there was still range version so I pulled the trigger few times and it decapitated it's head killing it. Weiss who turned it's hands into ice then shot a Fire Crystal. It caused that it's hands shattered. Then I somehow released my weapon, rushed to that bear and sliced it to halves.

The rest of the way to our meeting point was calm. When we arrived everyone was already there with Zwei jumping in my hands licking my face.

Blake: "Everyone's here. What now doc?"