😘Chef's Kiss😘

*Modern day AU
*Chef! Katsuki Wait Stuff Manager!Izuku
*Angst with a semi-happy ending

"KATSUKI I NEED TABLE FIVES ORDER!" Izuku yelled into the back, slamming his hand against the wall. Another cook who was waltzing on by jumped at the loud sound.

"GIVE ME TIME TO COOK THE DAMN FOOD, DEKU!" Katsuki yelled back, flipping some vegetables around in oil and a huge flame. The other chefs around them coward in fear at Izuku walked up to Katsuki and hit him on the back of the head with the servers plate.

"HURRY THE HELL UP, KATSUKI!" Izuku reamed and earned a displeased sigh from their manager. Izuku merely grumbled and walked out of the kitchen, going to check on some tables.

The other people in the kitchen let out a sigh of relief. The two were always like this, bickering back and forth over how quickly or how slowly the food was coming and going. The customers never seemed to care because Katsuki is the best chef this side of Tokyo. And he'll be damned if anyone tries to take that from him.

Kirishima, currently a university student just looking for some extra cash, came bouncing down the stairs from delivering some food. He saw that Katsuki had just put down a few plates and the table order, the order for table number five. Kirishima would have grabbed it to serve it, but Katsuki seemed to get the edge on that.

"NERD! THE DAMN FOOD IS COOKED!"

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!"

Back and forth, back and forth. Always constant bickering and complaints. Some people in the restaurant often wondered what was really going on between the two. Katsuki and Izuku never stayed in the same room for too long, they always argued, and made the strangest faces to one another during the day. Their coworkers have never been able to figure out what was going on between the two.

Izuku storms down the hallway, grabs the food, and promptly flips off the head chef. Said head chef growls but goes back to his work, grabbing another ticket and getting started on the main part of the dish.

This goes on for some time, both boys yelling and arguing over nothing. But they get their jobs done, and that's what really matters to their boss.

"And here's your check, no rush to pay it. Wave me down once you are ready!" Izuku said, a bright smile on his face. The customers all felt compelled to smile back, feeling calm being near the sweet boy. Izuku walked away and over to a register; his friend and coworker Ochaco waved him over.

"Shift is almost over, you good Deku?" She asked, a small smile on her face as she tilted her head. Izuku nodded and smiled, one hand going to the back of his head to scratch his neck.

"Yup, one more table. Katsuki just needs to get the damn food out," He mumbled the last bit, glaring towards the entrance to the kitchen.

"You know this anger isn't all that...healthy?" She spoke the last word almost as a question.

"It's how we do things, Ocha, and we've got things under control. Ah, there's the food. DAMN YOU, KATSUKI , GET THE FOOD OUT ON TIME NEXT TIME!"

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR SAYING THAT, DEKU!"

The two boys glared at one another as Kirishima cane out with the food in question. Ochaco felt afraid, not wanting to get in the crossfire between the two. But none of the guests noticed, or perhaps they were just blissfully ignorant of what went on behind the scenes to get such amazing food.

Before anyone knew it, closing time came around and the manager finally stepped out of his cave. The restaurant employed gave their farewells to the final customers and locked up, eventually everyone had made their way to the kitchen.