Chapter 22

***WARNING: SEX SCENE TAKE PLACE IN THIS CHAPTER***

A knock came against my door.

"Yeah?" I called and it opened enough for my mom to pop her head in.

"I'm going to shower. Can you listen out for Billy? He fell asleep, but you know how he can be," she reminded me and I nodded in agreement, "Thank you. And if you leave before I finish have a good night, Dexter."

"You too, Mrs. Blaise," smiled Dexter. She shut the door behind her and I pulled my phone out of my bag.

I had six missed messages from Tess. Tess never messaged more than two times so it had to be Theo with her phone. I set it on the nightstand and looked over at Dexter. His smile had completely faded.

"If you feel like you have to go, it's okay, Dex. I'll be fine," I whispered as I undid the top knot in my hair.

He pushed out of my desk chair and pulled me up onto my knees.

"Dexter," I warned as he looked down at me.

He placed one hand on the small of my back and the other behind my neck. I shook my head no as I looked down at his chest.

"Let's be fourteen and seventeen again, Lauren," he insisted as his hand went from my back to my side.

"Theo and I just broke up a week ago. How do you know this isn't just being a rebound?" I asked as I looked up at him.

He hid his laugh with a smile. He kissed the side of my lip and then my jaw. "Then that was my mistake and not yours. Believe me, I'll be the best rebound sex you ever had."

I placed my hand on his lips from kissing my jaw again.

"What?" he asked huskily as he kissed my hand several times.

"I've never had sex," I made clear and he looked at me with what looked like shock.

"Then how could I be a rebound, Lauren?" he questioned with a small laugh as he took my hand and placed it on his chest.

I shrugged.

"Rebounding is when you have sex with someone to make you feel better about another person."

"The definition seems to fit what is occurring, Dexter," I pointed out and he shook his head no.

"You have to have had sex with the other person, Lauren. A sexual relationship is completely different than an emotional one," he said as he kissed my nose and then my forehead.

"It seems to be interchangeable," I replied and he kissed my lips sweetly.

"It's definitely not. I could go crying to a person at a bar, but that does not necessarily mean we're going to have sex, Laurie. Granted it has happened, but alcohol tends to blur the lines between sexual attraction and comfort."

"You've had sex with a stranger at a bar?" I was a little repulsed by the thought.

"No, I was giving you an example. I know better than to have sex with random people," he laughed as he gave me another kiss.

This time I kissed him back. He smiled into the next few kisses before pushing me onto my back. I untucked my legs from underneath me and allowed him to crawl in between them so he was placed uncomfortably over me. I kicked my sneakers off and tried to push away slightly to give us some space between us.

"Trust me," he whispered as he kissed my neck several times.

I nodded and he sat up pulling his shirt over his head. I stared wide-eyed at the tattoos running across his abdomen and forearms.