O N E

"Mom..? Dad?" Jisoo called out from the front door. School had ended long ago and whilst Jisoo's friends hung out at the bowling alley, he was told to come home immediately.

His parents sat at the dining table with a chair pulled out for him to sit in. He hesitantly did so and waited for one of them to speak.

"You're switching schools, Jisoo-"

"What? Why?!"

"You've caused too much trouble at the one you go to currently! Getting detention weekly, if not daily, always in the principal's office, and lying your way out of things. We're sick of it."

"I'll be better-"

"No. You're switching schools and that's final."

"What school could possibly be better than the one I'm going to? I doubt you'll send me to that school across the state that has that high security and the dorms, you're not harsh enough-"

He cut himself off at their stares. "You-You're not, right?"

"Jisoo, it's for the best."

"That's a lie-"

"Hong Jisoo," His father growled out. "Go pack your bags and anything you'll be taking with you. You leave in the morning."

Jisoo left the room, leaving his parents alone. "Once he meets his soulmates, he's going to realize that he can't lie his way out of everything."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Jisoo sat on the train, his suitcase resting in between his legs. Other students sat on the train as well, either listening to music, sleeping, or conversing with others.

The security that guarded the doors of the train while students boarded were cautious. Everyone who attended had an ID (a blue card with information in pink letters) that the security checked before they could enter. Jisoo watched people attempt to enter without the ID only to be dragged away.

"Can I sit next to you?" Someone asked. In front of Jisoo stood a boy with bright pink hair and slants for eyes. Jisoo nodded. "Thanks!"

"I'm Soonyoung," The boy extended his hand out to which Jisoo accepted.

"Jisoo."

"Hope we can be great friends, Jisoo."

"Same here."

The boys talked until the train stopped. It was Soonyoung's second year at the boarding school and today marked the first day of the school year (it was long past that for Jisoo; the school year was nearly over at his old school). 

As they exited the train and followed a security guard down a stone-tiled path, Soonyoung continued to explain how the school worked. "The dorms are big and usually have five to seven students rooming in one. Just like most schools, whoever has met their soulmate is more popular than others and they have an automatic spot in the same dorm as their soulmate."

"This is where we get our dorm rooms and schedules," Soonyoung informed as they entered a lobby. The security motioned for Jisoo to go to a line on the other side of the lobby while Soonyoung went the other way. 

The room was crowded to say the least. People were constantly bumping into his shoulder and would cheer whenever someone they liked entered the lobby.

Some were quiet cheers (from one person) and some were cheers that came from a crowd of people. 

"Name?" The woman asked once Jisoo reached the front of the line.

"Hong Jisoo."

She flipped through pages of a book, scanning each name until she landed on his and pulled out the folded paper next to it. "Here you g-"

The cheers increased to the point Jisoo thought he would end up deaf. A crowd rushed to the front doors and continued screaming.

"Thank you," Jisoo managed to shout over the yelling. He exited the lobby and followed a small group of boys that were too busying shoving each other to realize the person behind them.

"JISOO!" A loud shriek forced the boys to turn around, Jisoo included. Soonyoung ran down the path with a group of three males behind him that continued to shriek.

"It's them," Someone from behind Jisoo mumbled. "Let's go."

The group of boys left while Jisoo waited. "Remember who I was telling y'all about? This is Jisoo! He's new."

Before any of them could respond, Soonyoung started saying names. "This is Junhui, Seungkwan, and Seokmin!"

Seokmin gave him a friendly smile, "what dorm are you in?"

"Um.. F-92." 

"That's the one we're in!"

Jisoo smiled, knowing that he would be rooming with people he was slightly familiar with. They excitedly lead him to the F building with a combination of pushing, dragging, and Seungkwan threatening to throw Seokmin down the stairs if he didn't shut up.

'This is going to be fun.'