E I G H T

Jeonghan and Seungcheol sat in the back of SO.M class to scan the students. First period had the most troublemakers and Seungcheol was almost certain it was someone in the class.

While Seungcheol had chased down the culprit, Jeonghan stayed and looked around the room. On the floor where the person was originally hiding was a mini ukulele the size of his thumb. Why the person would have that, he didn't know, but he found it adorable and pocketed it to give back to the person if they caught them.

Jisoo quietly chewed his gum as he watched the teacher teach the lesson. His gaze would occasionally drift to the popular soulmate couple to which they stared back. He stared at Jeonghan for a good two minutes before finally looking away. 

What is up with them and staring?

"..You will be working in pairs but since we have an uneven amount of students today, there will be one group of three. Your job is to make a presentation about soulmates; that includes what soulmates feel towards the other and other things we have learned this past week."

"Can we pick our pairs?"

"No. I'll be deciding who is with who."

A few students groaned while some crossed their fingers to be with Jeonghan and Seungcheol. It would be an easy A since the duo had been soulmates for a while. They were also the only soulmates in the class.

"Wen Junhui with Xu Minghao. Park Jaehyung with Kang Younghyun. Han Jisung with Lee Minho. Lim Youngmin with Kim Donghyun."

He started listing the female pairs next. Once finished, he went back to the male pairs and the remaining students could only pray. "Choi Seungcheol with Yoon Jeonghan and Hong Jisoo."

Jisoo allowed his gaze to travel to Seungcheol and Jeonghan once again. They were watching him as well as the rest of the class, except the students' stares were ones full of envy and fury that he was the one chosen.

'They're acting like Jeonghan and Seungcheol are gods.. Calm down. I'm not stealing your precious 'oppas'.'

"Please get with your partners. This project is due by the end of the month, so I advise that you don't procrastinate."

Jisoo moved from his desk to the other side of the room where Seungcheol and Jeonghan were quietly conversing. They stopped at the sight of Jisoo and gave him a friendly smile, Jeonghan playing with the mini ukulele in his hands.

The youngest could only watch him roll the item between his fingers, practically crushing it if it wasn't made out of glass. Jeonghan noticed Jisoo staring and took a mental note to remind Seungcheol of it after class.

"Let's get started, shall we?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"We should keep a close eye on Jisoo," Jeonghan muttered as they made their way down the hallway to their next class, History. "He was eyeing the ukulele for a while- and by a while, I mean thirty minutes."

Seungcheol nodded and watched Jeonghan glare at everyone who attempted to talk to the ebony haired male. He noticed that nearly all of them were the fan girls that followed them around and failed to realize that Jeonghan would happily tackle them and beat them senseless.

People would often tell Jeonghan that he was too protective or too possessive. Due to all of them not having soulmates yet, he ignored their words and waited for the time that they would realize it was normal.

Being a possessive soulmate? Normal.

Not being a possessive soulmate? Unusual.

Every single person who told him 'I won't be a possessive soulmate!' turned into a possessive soulmate. It was a constant cycle of denial and then turning into the person they said they wouldn't turn into.

No one left the school as the same person they were when they arrived.