Feverish Adventure

"Frozen Milk, how do you feel?" Prota held his hand over Frozen Milk's forehead. The cool sensation his hand left behind made Frozen Milk crave for more contact.

"I'm fine," Frozen Milk mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Prota looked worried, "you exhausted yourself too much yesterday. Even if it was amazing how you got rid of the harasser you shouldn't' strain yourself so much!"

Prota's eyes sparkled with respect and admiration for Frozen Milk.

Frozen Milk wished he could bury himself deeper into the blanket as he couldn't stand the pedestal Prota put him on. On one hand, Frozen Milk was touched by Prota actually worrying about him but on the other hand what the hell was that about straining himself?

All he did was to release an onslaught of gibberish at Glimpse Water and that pathetic excuse of an author just fainted like this!

What did he create? Definitely not a weak, wimpy character like Glimpse Water! All his characters were badass and OP! Even Glimpse Water this evil antagonist, so how the hell did he turn into a pathetic blob on the ground?

However, Frozen Milk was even more ashamed of himself. He suddenly got a fever right after, supposedly, defeating evil harasser Glimpse Water and his protagonist admired him even more!

Frozen Milk was actually really happy Prota cared for someone like him and he was even more in ecstasy thinking he wouldn't have to go to work!

Since he transmigrated, it had been one hurdle after another, stress piled up on even more stress and he didn't have time to properly rest. Especially after coming to the water capital where he had to work until he could barely walk or puke.

Now the immoral thoughts of illegally making money entered his mind. They've been stuck here in the water capital for three months now, occasionally buying weapons and armour but they made no sign of progress.

The only thing that was properly progressing was Frozen Milk's relationship with his protagonist. But this wasn't the time to play family! He had to help his protagonist to gain his team and had to definitely keep an eye on Glimpse Water who was clearly up to no good. He had to stop his author from trying to kill his protagonist, now that Glimpse Water knew of Prota's identity.

"Don't worry about me," Frozen Milk finally spat out.

"But-"

"It's fine," Frozen Milk removed Prota's hand which caressed his hair.

"You should go to work," Frozen Milk was exhausted and couldn't afford to spend his energy arguing with Prota.

Prota patted Frozen Milk's head and said sincerely: "Frozen Milk if anything were to happen to you, I could never forgive myself!"

Splat. Frozen Milk almost coughed blood. He was so touched by his protagonist!

"Nothing will happen to me. Like I said, don't worry and go to work."

After a while, Prota finally nodded his head and with puppy eyes looked at Frozen Milk:

"Ok, but be careful! Wait for me! If there's anything, I'll sense it and come running

back!"

Frozen Milk sighed as he watched Prota leave. How did his protagonist turn into such an obedient character? Frozen Milk questioned his own superior abilities that could change the book's plot. A disgusting smile appeared on his face. Naturally, he was born talented!

In these months, Frozen Milk was able to slowly but steadily shed his image as a scum and became more human. He could feel compassion and care for others. Frozen Milk was surprised at himself.