Aggrieved Puppy

"You!" Frozen Milk pointed at the groom, "You sorry excuse of a human being forced the bride to marry you!"

"That's not true! It's not true, right my dear?" the groom sought to grab the bride but she screamed and hugged her father tighter.

"Daddy, the messenger of the Lord is right! He blackmailed me because... because I stole your money and I was too afraid to tell you! I'm sorry daddy, so sorry," the bride fell to the floor and sobbed.

"My angel! My honey boo! Get up, please don't hurt yourself like this! Guards take this fraud away and have him tortured!"

On the mayor's order, the guards took the groom away. The mayor then approached Frozen Milk and took his hands.

"Oh messenger of the Lord, how can I thank you for this disaster you've prevented? My poor daughter!"

Alright daughter-con chill, Frozen Milk was a bit disappointed.

It was all so easily resolved and he was disappointed his characters were so easy to fool. This was really too unexciting.

"I must talk to you about something then, it'd be great to have a private talk."

"Absolutely! We'll talk immediately! I hope esteemed messenger of the Lord will feel welcomed and at ease at my place! We'll head right over!"

Just drop the title!

"As you wish, let's go," Frozen Milk told Glimpse Water and Prota, yet felt something wasn't right.

Since a while, Prota didn't say anything and even when Frozen Milk addressed him, Prota didn't even look and ignored him.

Frozen Milk couldn't believe his eyes. What was wrong with Prota? What did he do? He looked like a lost puppy. Why was he sulking?

But Frozen Milk didn't have any time to think about it as the guards escorted them.

"Wait," Holbe followed them, "I will also come with you."

Frozen Milk just nodded as this would speed up the plot.

***

The mayor lived in a grand mansion with large water fountains surrounding it. The four followed the mayor through the way too large and long hallways that seemed like red carpets. On the walls were million pictures of his daughter.

"Isn't she just adorable?"

"Yes, she is," Holbe actually humoured him.

"Prota, are you alright? You seem a bit-"

"I'm fine," Prota cut Frozen Milk off and walked ahead.

Frozen Milk was even more confused. He felt wronged.

"Father, don't mind him! Pay more attention to me!" Glimpse Water stuck to Frozen Milk's side.

"The moment I do, you turn all tsundere on me!"

"W-What are you saying?" Glimpse Water was obviously embarrassed.

Frozen Milk could see that Prota briefly stopped but then continued to walk without paying attention to them. Normally, he'd be fighting with Glimpse Water. He felt the amount he sighed would've been able to blow up a whole hot air balloon.

He needed to have another talk, this time with his protagonist.

The mayor brought everyone to his office and offered them some refreshments.

"What can I do for you esteemed messenger of the Lord? I just can't thank you enough saving my daughter from that bastard!" the words that the mayor produced and his appearance never seemed to match.

And drop that title already!

Frozen Milk thought about how he should best approach the topic but decided that his act as a messenger actually came in handy. He cleared his throat and started his Golden Globe worthy act,

"The heavens have sent me another mission. As they told me to save your daughter they deemed you worthy of helping me reach this goal that will carry the fate of the world"

Both the mayor and Holbe moved closer and listened intensively.

"My disciples and I were sent to unify this world. The feud between the water side and nature side has to cease! Both you, the mayor and the captain of the holy knights were chosen to help us."

Frozen Milk just hoped they'd buy this nonsense full of plot holes.

And indeed, they did.

"Peace with the nature side... this will prove to be difficult," the mayor turned serious.

"Yes, it will but I believe the mayor will be able to pursue the king."

The mayor of the capital was the second most important person in the water side after the king. The king left the capital and the surrounding areas to the mayor while he and the royal family resided in the far east and overlooked everything from behind the scenes.

So, in a sense, the mayor could be called the de facto king. However, for such a huge decision like a peace treatment, the mayor had to discuss it with the king.

"You're right, esteemed messenger of the Lord, it has been long due to settle this conflict with the nature side. I will talk to the king and bring back positive news, please rest assured and trust me. But what will you do next?"

"You should tell me what you think."

"I feel honoured you're testing me!"

Testing you? It wasn't anything like that! Frozen Milk just needed the magic words to flush out of the mayor to trigger the quest!

"I think, appeasing the nature side will be your next target."

BING.

"System has issued a new quest-"

"Yes, you're indeed befitting of heaven's selection!" Frozen Milk praised yet inside he rolled his eyes.

Of course, it was the only option available. It was too stupid to be even called a plot.

"Leave it to me, esteemed messenger of the Lord. I will aid you to get to the nature side."

"This would be much appreciated."

"I will go with the messenger of the Lord."

"What?" Glimpse Water jumped up, even Prota reacted to this.

"Yes, this would also be appreciated," Frozen Milk was happy the Holy Beauty suggested this on her own. Her fighting force would definitely be helpful.

"Father!"

"Quiet now," Frozen Milk shushed him and saw Prota sulking even more.

"Mayor, I'm glad to have your help as well as the captain of the holy knights."

"The pleasure is mine."

Frozen Milk and his two characters headed home while Holbe moved to her own place. They decided to meet tomorrow to leave.

But before anything, Frozen Milk had to do something about his aggrieved puppy!