The courage it takes

In the far, a bright light enveloped the surrounding and all around was dark. Frozen Milk could barely open his eyes.

Was this the end?

He couldn't even lift his fingers to cover any of his wounds leaking his blood. He exerted all of himself for something he never thought he would.

He didn't know why but as he heard how his protagonist was captured and tortured, he lost all composure and the blood just gushed to his head and he was unable to hear anything else than the streams of it running upwards, he couldn't see anything else than the thick red.

It was as if nothing in the moment mattered, he needed to do everything he could to save his protagonist, everything he could to not make him suffer. This was all Frozen Milk could think of.

He knew his protagonist wouldn't die but Frozen Milk already made him suffer enough, he didn't want Prota to endure even more. He couldn't bear it and God forgive those who dared to harm his people.

Frozen Milk could faintly hear the voice of his system but he barely remain conscious. His limp body just rested against the wall of the cold and dark corridor and a large blood puddle formed around him.

In his daze, Frozen Milk also missed the oncoming footsteps. Then a pair of shoes came in his vision. They stepped into the bloody pool and splattered Frozen Milk's own blood back onto him. He couldn't look up or identify the person, but he felt he was grabbed by the collar.

"I remember you."

Yet Frozen Milk could barely make out the words.

"Heh, now you're in this state... suits you very much."

Frozen Milk was ungently thrown back against the wall. The force was strong enough for Frozen Milk to hear his bones crack.

The person finally bent down and met Frozen Milk on eye level. 

Hazy, a very handsome face entered Frozen Milk's vision. He wanted to touch this face to see if it was real but his hand just slumped next to him, so he could only with the last of his breath exhale,

"Vil..."

"How do you know?"

Yet Frozen Milk closed his eyes. 

His villain, named Vil, narrowed his eyes at Frozen Milk, "Causing troubles in my place and then dying like this?"

Vil stood up but then thought for a while. He dragged Frozen Milk by the hair with him, leaving another bloody trail behind.

***

Holbe left Prota and Glimpse Water behind and rushed down the hallways. The drops of blood weren't as large, thick or much, so it must mean that Frozen Milk wasn't in a bad state. However, when Holbe just turned around the corner, she saw the pathetic and broken form of Frozen Milk.

She halted her steps and covered her mouth. She wanted to rush to him immediately but couldn't move at all for some reason.

Then coming along the hallway, opposite to her, a tall male approached Frozen Milk. Once again, Holbe felt fear.

The man was very dangerous. Holbe couldn't help but hide behind the corner again and cautiously peek.

She was the captain of the holy knights but in the face of the newcomer, she felt incredibly small and weak. She instantly knew the moment her eyes rested on him that there was no way she could defeat him.

And she just cowered behind the corner, powerlessly watching how Frozen Milk was dragged away. She felt shame. 

The very person who told her she was not a failure, he was glad she was born, the very man who gave her a worth, was heading towards his demise and she could only disappoint him.