The fate of all the OP characters lays on them...

This flashback was unnecessary. Frozen Milk was finally released and he was out of it. He didn't want to be trapped inside it ever again. His past should stay his past.

Frozen Milk was an unhappy person, but now that he transmigrated, he wasn't unhappy and lonely anymore. Despite the constant denial of Frozen Milk, he felt grateful to be around his characters, to have them care about him.

"Frozen Milk?" Prota saw the little tears on Frozen Milk's face and gently wiped them away, "Don't be afraid."

Prota coaxed him and Frozen Milk didn't have the energy to refute him. Frozen Milk was happy about the treatment.

He looked at Bro and felt inexplicable feelings. This character was the one that resembled Frozen Milk the most or at least the things Frozen Milk wanted.

It was a pitiful character. Frozen Milk couldn't help but feel empathy. To his surprise, the system also stayed quiet.

"If it's the throne you want, so be it," Vil gave up his throne just like that.

All the soldiers including Bro were stunned.

"I see," Bro recovered quickly and his small evil smile appeared again, "Take them away."

The soldiers forced Vil and everyone to stand up.

"What are you doing?" Vil wanted to free himself when his brother's words froze him.

"Dear brother, giving up the throne is not enough. You want to see your lover again? You will accompany her to death."

With another wave of the hand, the four of them were taken away. No one had any idea what was going on until Prota sneered, "So much for the crown prince, being killed by his own brother."

Frozen Milk snapped his head quickly to Prota.

Protagonist?? Is that you??? Is that really you?? Isn't there something wrong? Did you change bodies with Glimpse Water?

"I do not intend to play along with him," Vil said as the four of them were stuck behind bars and the soldiers left them.

"Frozen Milk I don't know why you humour him," Prota said with a look that just screamed 'Choose me! Choose me! I'm way better than him!'

"We are here to save Holbe," Frozen Milk had to remind everyone again.

"Of course, we can leave it to those two and go back home first, just us two," Prota smiled and caressed Frozen Milk's cheeks.

"Hands off father!" Glimpse Water ran towards Prota and head-butted him into the wall.

The two of them started fighting while Frozen Milk sat next to Vil. In a sense, it was his fault for creating this hidden storyline and not even remembering it.

"He doesn't mean to hurt you," Frozen Milk said not entirely convinced himself, after all, he wrote that Vil was defeated by the protagonist even if his brother didn't exist.

"It doesn't matter," Vil looked at Frozen Milk but then looked away.

"I apologise, we have more urgent matters but because of me, we had to run into troubles. We should've just taken the airships at the coast."

Frozen Milk's heart felt warm. His villain apologised, even though it wasn't his fault at all. Well, he could've been nicer to his brother but Vil had a face that was easily misunderstood.

Frozen Milk's hands felt itchy and he decided to pat Vil on the back, "It's ok, don't worry."

Vil was touched and his nose turned sour. Vil never had anyone care about him, so having Frozen Milk in his life was a blessing. He leaned his head on Frozen Milk's shoulder and earned the wrath of the other two that were, however, still busy fighting each other.

Frozen Milk wasn't even surprised at this point. Each of his characters had tender moments that didn't match their usual behaviours. Well, after all, they were just humans.

"What do we do now?" Frozen Milk asked but then he just realised and shot up.

"Where's Oppoa??"

Everyone stopped.

"Oh..." after a while Vil spoke up, "It seemed like he had too much fun fighting with the soldiers-"

Massacring them, you mean.

"He fell with them down into the jungle."

Just like that? That's it?

All good feelings towards his villain vanished the minute Frozen Milk heard this.

Mention it earlier!

Meanwhile, Oppoa slapped a fly on his leg and looked up to the street in the trees.

"What? You want more?" Oppoa grinned and kicked the soldier a distance away.

Oppoa was quite happy dealing with the soldiers, he didn't even know that all fate rested on him.

"I'm hungry," yet Oppoa didn't even bother to go back to his Highness and continued playing to his heart's content.

If put into good words, Oppoa trusted nothing could harm his Highness. Put into bad words, Oppoa that bastard was too carefree!

Another fly landed on Oppoa's legs, "What's with you? You wanna die?"

Oppoa smashed the fly and eyed the animals to see which one would be more delicious.

"Maybe His Highness and the others would find rhinos tasty? The thick skin could be used for something, I wonder?"

Oppoa really wasn't afraid to earn Frozen Milk's wrath, after all, what could that small and weak person do to Oppoa? Stab, stab with a needle and Frozen Milk himself would be split into thousand slices.

When the system showed Frozen Milk this, a million torture methods appeared in his mind. No, he wasn't intending using them on Oppoa but on his system.

Where the hell did his system pull out all of these features? Wasn't this just too convenient? Too brazen? And infuriating? Was the system not afraid to be called out on all of these plotholes or plot conveniences?

"System is capable of anything," his system just praised itself.

"System can also tell host how to get rid of the handcuffs," system put itself on a higher pedestal.

Frozen Milk knew that there was a price for it. His system could never be so generous, even if it was to help the universe and save its own existence, its ego was more inflated than Frozen Milk's. There was no way it would stoop down to help Frozen Milk for free that easily.

"All host has to do is to genuinely and sincerely flatter system."

This system really had a death wish!